A Breathing Legend

When some of the rocks stopped falling, Aaarrrggghhh!!! was trying to push them around, "Too big."

"It's ok, wingman." Toby said, "You tried."

"It's hardly ok." Blinky said, "We're on the distinctly wrong side of the cavern collapse. Merlin's tomb will now apparently become our own."

The ground rumbled as more crystals fell around us. Everyone huddled together and ducked for cover.

When the rocks were done falling, Claire noticed something, "Or we could just go that way. There's an opening."

"Thus affording us the opportunity to be trapped somewhere else."

"Must you always be a negative Nancy?" I asked.

"Exactly. Or it's a way out, huh?" Toby said, "You just gotta think positive."

"I'm not entirely sure I know how." Blinky said.

Despite this, everyone walked inside.

Jim and Amber lingered behind, looking at the opening from the inside, "We can't leave him behind like this."

"He's still in there." Amber said.

"Draal would want us to keep going." Claire said.

Reluctantly, they walked in with us. I stayed close to Amber. I felt like she needed it.

The tunnel lead to an area with more crystals, making us even more lost.

"Um, this isn't taking us out." Toby said as Aaarrrggghhh!!! lifted him across a large crystal.

"We need to find a way to go up." Jim said when we all jumped the crystal.

"Hmm. Right. Yeah, look for some stairs. Or better yet, an elevator."

"Now's not the time for sarcasm." I said.

Aaarrrggghhh!!! bumped into a low crystal, which everyone else ducked under. We were in a darker area now.

"That way." Aaarrrggghhh!!! guessed.

We walked into a cave that had several crystals around, but for the most part, it was dark. But there was something in there.

Wait... is that?

"Whoa." Toby marveled.

"Great Globus, it's him." Blinky realized.

In the center of the room was a mantle holding what had to be Merlin covered in cobwebs.

"It can't be..." I gasped.

"Is it really?" Claire asked.

"Must be." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said.

"Merlin." Jim said in awe.

I felt my heart stop.

The Merlin. Right. Here. As in, the most powerful and greatest wizard who's ever lived. Oh, my God!!

The blue stone from the amulet glowed and Jim took it out of his pocket. After a second, he walked up to Merlin and held out the stone. A few bits of blue smoky energy came out and touched Merlin's face.

Jim leaned in closer waiting for something to happen. All of a sudden, Merlin's eyes snapped open, and he shot up gasping and coughing for air, scaring Jim and making him recoil back.

Everyone was shocked about what we were seeing.

He's alive?!

After coughing a few more times, Merlin laid back down, "Are you the Trollhunter?"