We Can Be Heroes

It was the day of the Battle of the Bands. Along with the day Morgana was gonna release the Eternal Night.

The earthquakes were becoming more frequent, so we knew it was only a matter of time.

Luckily, Blinky was coming up with a plan, "I've taken the liberty of constructing a rudimentary model of Arcadia. If we focus our defensive efforts here, then when the Gumm-Gumms attack--"

We noticed that Merlin was looking at Blinky strangely.

"Do you have something to say?"

"This is a waste of time." Merlin said, sweeping the model off the table.

"You broke the museum. You Philistine!"

"You really don't care about Arcadia at all, do you?" I asked glaring at Merlin.

"Our focus is not Arcadia, it is Trollmarket. If we destroy Morgana, we stop the Eternal Night. The Trollhunter and I must venture into Trollmarket." Merlin said.

"Gas station." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said putting a boot back on the table.

"While Gunmar and Angor Rot turn Arcadia into an all-you-can-eat buffet?" Blinky snapped.

"For having six eyes, you are very short-sighted." Merlin said, "Defeating Gunmar is pointless if Morgana is still--"

"And defeating Morgana is pointless if everyone in Arcadia is dead!"

The ground started shaking again, "I don't know my own strength."

"That was the third tremor today." Strickler said.

"At this rate, I fear the Eternal Night will be upon us within the hour." Merlin thought.

"The Battle of the Bands is on." Claire pointed out, "The square will be packed."

"Everyone in Arcadia is there." Toby freaked out, "Well, anyone who's cool, at least."

"On the bright side, with everyone clustered, we know where the Gumm-Gumms will strike first." Merlin said.

"How is that the bright side?" Claire asked.

"Trollmarket will be deserted. Morgana will be unprotected."

"Gunmar and Angor Rot are my fight." Jim said coming downstairs, "First, we'll do what we can to clear Arcadia Square. So no one gets hurt."

"Actually, uh, Master Jim, there is no 'we' until the night falls." Blinky pointed out, "In your current form, sunlight will burn you as much as any of us trolls."

"Maybe Merlin can whip up some SPF one million?" Toby suggested.

"We'll go with the children, and put a stop to this Battle of the Bands." Nomura said.

"Then am I to fight Morgana alone?" Merlin asked.

"I'll go." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said, "Keep safe."

"Thank you, oh, very, very, big one."

"The moment of truth is upon us all." Blinky said, "With fortitude and bravery, we can end the threat posed by Morgana, Gunmar and Angor Rot for all time!"

"Oh, yeah!" Toby cheered.

No one else went along with him, making it awkward for everyone, "I felt like we were all gonna do that."

"Let's suit up." Amber said.

Claire and Toby put on their new armor.

"Wow. Cool." Jim said when he saw how they looked.

"Dang it." Toby said, "Can you hold this for a second? I have to go pee." He ran out the room.

"Dang it! Aw."