Melodies of Life

I don't know when it happened, but Jim had started his fight with Gunmar and Angor Rot. At this point, we knew we couldn't interfere since this was his fight and his fight alone.

Blinky was being held by Gumm-Gumms, but Nomura came in and attacked them, letting Blinky go.

"Have you got everyone to safety?" Blinky asked us.

"Yep." Claire said, "The ones who couldn't make it home are hiding at the school."

"Why is the eclipse still here?" Asked Toby looking at the sky, "Wasn't Merlin supposed to have his magic back by now?"

"Where is that stupid wizard?"

"Remember he's weaker than before." I said, "Until then, we're on our own."

It took us a minute to realize that the fight was now with Jim and Gunmar. We needed to catch up to him, see if he was doing ok.

------------------------------

When we found Jim, he and Gunmar were fighting on the roof near where the Battle of the Bands were. Gunmar had him pinned down and was trying to control him with his blade.

"Jim!" Claire called out.

"We're too late!" Toby said.

"Come on, Jim." I muttered to myself.

He had to fight this.

Come on.

Come on.

Jim pushed himself from Gunmar's grasp and slashed him with the eclipse blade.

"Did he just...?" I gasped.

"I think he did." Claire said.

With a burst of red light, Gunmar was turned to stone and the Gumm-Gumms crumbled along with him. Jim pushed Gunmar off the roof. We ran out of the way as he fell and crumbled on the ground.

It was done.

Gunmar the Black was defeated.

"Jim!" Claire called out.

She ran to him and hugged him when he came down, "Ow! Careful. Sunburn."

"You did it, Jimbo!" Toby cheered, "Daylight went supernova."

"You did it!" I cheered, "You did it!"

"At long last, after centuries, Gunmar's war is at an end." Blinky said, "And you, my dear boy, have ended it."

We looked down on Gunmar's rubble. It was a little freaky.

"Um, not to be a total buzzkill, but why is the night still all eclipsey?" Toby said.

Aaarrrggghhh!!! and Amber ran to us, "Wingman!"

"Where's Merlin?" Jim asked.

"In trouble." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said as he pointed to the vortex, "Morgana."

Morgana was floating down to the ground heading toward us.

I felt my blood run cold. I almost forgot we had to deal with her. Thanks again, Merlin.

"But Merlin's plan..." Blinky said.

"Not work."

"Indeed."

"How's Trollmarket?" I asked.

"It'll be alright." Amber said, "We've got bigger things to worry about, now."

"Don't despair, weak ones." Morgana said, "Your lives will soon be over." Her hands glowed with golden magic.

"She's beautiful." Toby said, "But totally evil. Yeah, yeah, we have to stop her."