You Have The Right To Remain Silent

Since our hideout has been compromised, we had to hide all over Arcadia. Luckily, we were able to find places that no one would find.

The next night, Bagdwella was running through town trying to find a place to hide since she was about to be spotted. Jim and Blinky pulled her behind the truck she was living in just as someone walked by.

Jim walked away to make a phone call while Bagdwella picked up the rats she was collecting in a can.

"What are you doing out and about this close to sunrise?" Blinky asked.

"Oh. You expect me to stay put in this dirty old shack?" She said getting up, "I'm a proper lady." She slurped down the rat.

"Of course you are." I said sarcastically.

"Apologies if these temporary accommodations don't meet your standards, but there's only so many places one can hide. If you prefer, there's a vacant, old port-o-john on Third and Main."

She kicked the truck, making a glass break, "Oh, I'll take the rust wagon."

"Just got tonight's final tally." Jim said hanging up, "Every troll accounted for, except for one. Which one's Glug?"

Blinky helped Bagdwella into the truck. "Oh, you know Glug." She said, "She's hairy, green, always in a tub." Blinky was trying to push her in.

"Right. Well, she's missing, and that's kinda a big problem."

"Well, she shouldn't be too hard to find." I said, "Not like there's a lot of hairy green people around town."

"Not to worry, Master Jim." Blinky said when he pushed Bagdwella inside, "As long as she doesn't stir up any trouble, we shall locate her before--"

"Trouble is brewing in Arcadia." A TV woman said. It was Claire's mom. Blinky closed Bagdwella's truck as we listened to what Claire's mom was saying, "A recent crime wave is terrorizing our city. Vandalism, break-ins, trespassers in the night, missing pets... As your re-elected council woman, I say no more! I am hereby stepping up police presence across Arcadia. To those responsible for these crimes, the law is coming. We will hunt you down."

Well, this got us worried.

"Let me know when you find Glug." I said, "I gotta get going."

"Where you going?" Jim asked.

"I'm needed.... elsewhere."

I left before he could ask anymore questions. Bkinky knew where I was going, but I was gonna keep Douxie's promise.

I practically sprinted to Douxie's shop. I was nervous and excited for my first lesson with a real wizard. It felt weird that it wasn't gonna be with Vendel or Blinky, but hey, this is what I gotta do.

I knocked on the front door and Douxie answered.

"Ah, Rose Gold." He beamed, "Come in."

I grinned as he lead me inside.

He led me to a room in the back of the store where he seemed to practice magic without breaking anything.

"Ok, so for today's first lesson, we're gonna find out what you know." Douxie explained laying out a notebook, "So, no pressure, just show me the magic can do."

"And by that, he means anything that won't leave a crater." Said Archie sitting on a stool.

"Well, you're a motivational speaker, aren't you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't mind him." Douxie said.

The first spell that came to mind was my light spell. I waved my wand around gently, making the room shimmer with rainbow lights.