Adrenaline Rush

After my lesson with Vendel, I was walking to Blinky's library. He wanted to meet with us to say something important.

I looked up when I heard footsteps. My face lit up seeing Jim and Toby.

"Jim."

I then noticed her and my face fell.

"And Claire."

"Woah, Rose Gold." Toby said, "What happened to you?" He was referring to the giant black smudge on my shirt.

"My lesson with Vendel wasn't so smooth. Just when you think you can turn a coal into diamond, it hits you."

"Well, it's better than last time." Jim said, "It's the first time the coal hit your clothes and not your face."

I chuckled at his joke. It was bad, but he was trying to make me feel better.

"Thanks." I said, "Come on. We gotta get to Blinky." I said as we walked.

Amber was already with Aaarrrggghhh!!! and Blinky.

Blinky swept everything off the table and placed a book on it, "I've spent nights pouring over the legend of the stones, decoding it's hidden meanings. Endless, sleepless nights."

"The Triumbric stones!" Jim said, "You found something?"

"At first, I combed every library for insights, but there is nothing written. Rumors say they are tied to Gunmar's life force. So, I searched for stones that would have a significance to his past."

"Birthstone." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said, putting some books down.

"Indeed. Such as Gunmar's birthstone."
"Why is it so powerful?" Jim asked.

"Long ago, trolls lived underground, blissfully unaware of human kind above. Inevitably, our worlds collided. Trolls and humans each wanted the world as their own and fought for it. Blood was shed, and our first Heartstone rotted from within. And from it, Gunmar was born."

"Birthstone, ok. Where would we find that?" Jim asked.

"Birthstone gone." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said.

"It was plundered before any good could come from it." Blinky explained, "But then I remembered this passage; 'Three forces elemental thou must seek in marshland, caverns deep and mountain's peak.' Ah. Which is elusive, but the clue..."

"Is hidden in the final stanza-- 'mountain's peak.' It's so obvious!" Claire said, "The stone is hidden in a mountain!"

Everyone looked at her dumbfounded.

This little piece of shi-

"Sorry. I'm a riddle dork."

"Pfft. I totally was gonna say that." I said nudging Jim's arm, "I could've figured that out."

"No, you couldn't." Amber said.

Thanks for that, Amber.

"Yeah, I'm not getting it." Toby said.
"Gatto's keep!" Blinky said holding up the book, "Deep in the realm of the volcanic Trolls is a vault of the greatest treasures untold. Treasures too powerful for the underworld to possess. Treasures kept locked up by Gatto himself. Treasures like..."

"The birthstone!" Jim finished.

"So this Gatto has the stone that will help us get Enrique back?" Claire asked.

"If I could just finish a thought..." Blinky said frustrated.

"When do we leave?"

"Wait, this sounds like a quest." Toby said, "This is a quest!" He wrapped his arms around Jim and Claire. "Guys, we're going on our first official Trollhunters quest!"