Great Escape

Everyone was gathered around Vendel's remains. We told them what happened and they naturally wanted to pay their respects.

"First Jim, now this." Toby said.

I approached Vendel's remains, "You always knew what to do when I needed help. Thank you for being my teacher. I don't know where I'd be without you."

"Why did you leave us?" Blinky asked, sadly holding his staff. He placed it by his remains, "It was not your time."

He noticed a glowing yellow stone, "You crafty old goat."

Blinky went over to get a container.

"What?" Toby asked.

"What is it?" Claire asked.

"He was holding an Anamnesis stone." Blinky said, picking it up.

"We can see what happened." I lit up.

He placed the stone into the container allowing a projection to show up in yellow energy, "What did you want to show us?"

The projection showed Vendel with Usurna, "There are only two agents of Gunmar-- the changeling and the changeling's master."

"How do you know this?" Vendel asked.

"Because I'm the master." Usurna said, stabbing him with Creeper's sun.

"Vendel." Gasped Blinky.

No.

"I'm sorry, Vendel. I was hoping you'd live long enough to see Gunmar's glorious return."

"Usurna." Amber said, her blood boiling, "That tyrant!"

The projection showed Vendel struggling for air and growing weaker as he turned to stone, "He used his last moments to warn us." Blinky said in shock.

As the projection disappeared, Jim came into the room, wiping tears from his eyes - Wait, what?

"She took control of Trollmarket."

Everyone was shocked that Jim was alive, "Master Jim."

"Queen Usurna said I'm responsible."

Toby circled around Jim in awe, "Wow." He poked Jim's chest, "Jimbo, you're alive! You're not a ghost!" He hugged him excitedly.

"We saw you fall to your doom." Blinky said.

"How did you survive the Deep?" Claire asked as she ran in for a hug.

"Claire."

"No troll's ever come back."

"But I'm not a troll."

"Yeah, I guess that'd be quite a loop hole." I said, nudging his arm.

Jim made his way to Blinky and Aaarrrggghhh!!! sadly and had a moment with Vendel's remains.

"No, no. I'm sorry. This is my fault." Jim said.

"No, Master Jim." Blinky said, "Vendel believed in you. He knew you'd return to make things right."

"Usruna liar, traitor." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said getting angry, "Crush Queen now!"

"I'll help you, big guy." Amber said.

"No, we can't take her on now. She's too heavily protected." Blinky reminded.

"Blink's right." Jim said, "There are too many of them."

"If she's working for Gunmar, what's to stop him from taking Trollmarket?" Claire asked.

"Us. If Gunmar thinks I'm dead, we've at least got the element of surprise."