Don't Do This

Merlin is not going to stop Gunmar.

He's just gonna let the Eternal Night happen?!

Everyone was arguing with Merlin about not stopping Gunmar, "...if not Gunmar, then another monster." Merlin argued.

"Let me get this straight." Blinky said, "You want Gunmar to release Morgana?"

"You're just gonna let Armageddon happen?!" I said.

"Merlin, I thought you were here to save the world, not destroy it!" Toby said.

"I'm not destroying the world, I'm risking it!" Merlin defended, "The world harbors great dangers, not just the ones in your little town."

"Whoa. What dangers?"

"You could not hope to understand."

"Jim? Jim?" Claire was trying to get Jim's attention, who zoned out for a second, "Jim!"

"Yo! You want to weigh in here?" Toby said, "Merlin just dropped the bomb we have to let Morgana loose."

"Wait, he destroyed my Vespa." Jim said.

"That's really what you're thinking about right now?" Amber asked.

"He what?" Blinky said, "See? Then you must listen to the voice of reason. Mine!"

"Gunmar has the Staff of Avalon." Merlin said, "Soon he will find a way to free her. This is when we will strike. Together, we'll slay Morgana before the Eternal Night starts."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Toby said, "I'm sorry, you want Jim to go up against Gunmar and Angor Rot and Morgana?"

"As if we don't have enough on our plates already." I said.

"Now is the time to strike. She's been imprisoned for centuries, and she will be at her weakest. This is our best chance." Merlin said.

"Wait." Claire said, "If Jim defeats Morgana, you get your magic back."

"That would be a pleasant bonus, yes."

I should've known. He just wants his magic.

Why am I not surprised?

"Oh, you only want your magic back!" Blinky snapped, "Aaarrrggghhh!!!, my friend, put your fist through the old man's face."

"Mmm. Old man make sense." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said, "Stop witch forever."

"I'm with Blinky." Toby said, "Sounds like Merlin wants his magic back."

"Me too." I said, "It'd be nice to see Morgana gone, but this just complicates things."

"What if Merlin's right?" Claire asked, "He's been right about everything else."

"Thank you." Merlin said.

"Claire, Gunmar and Morgana want to destroy the world." Toby said, "We live in this world!"

"Yet, this world is protected by the Trollhunter. The choice is his to make. What say he?"

Everyone looked at Jim waiting for him to make a decision.

"I need to think." Jim finally said.

"Then, I await your decision."

"Whatever you choose, if we are to fight, we'll need an army." Blinky said, "Aaarrrggghhh!!!, Amber and I will see what we can do. As to whom we are fighting, I'll leave that to Master Jim."

-------------------------

The next day, we were making calls to try and find Barbara. She hadn't come home the other night and Jim was getting worried.