Of All People...

It's been about a month since we defeated Bular. I've been helping Jim a little more with missions and started learning how to fight with magic in the Hero's Forge.

One night, Blinky, Aaarrrggghhh!!! and I had to meet Jim and Toby in an alley to take down a firecat, which Toby HAD to bring with him.

"Blinky, please tell me you got it." Jim said when they came.

"Of course, Master Jim." Blinky said, "You've lured the luminare right into our stratagem."

"Stra-te-gem." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said.

"It means brilliant trap."

The fire cat cornered us in the alley. Blinky was about to throw a rock, but for some reason, he hesitated.

"What are you waiting for? Throw it!" Jim said.

"Um, Master Jim. You said this was a luminare, when that is obviously an infernal hellheeti."

We started throwing random things at it, like that was gonna do anything.

"Should I punch it?" Aaarrrggghhh!!! asked.

"Yeah. Let him unleash the fury." Toby said.

"Not yet, Aaarrrggghhh!!!" Blinky said.

"It came from a rock!" Jim said. "How many four-legged flaming creatures come out of rocks?"

"As a matter of fact, 11. 13 if you consider-"

"Can I punch it?" Aaarrrggghhh!!! asked getting antsy.

"Yes!" Toby, Jim and I said.

"No!" Blinky tried to say, but Aaarrrggghhh!!! was already charging toward it.

However, when he punched it, it multiplied, and three cats began to slowly stalk towards us.

"Ok, what was it you were saying, Blinky?" I asked.

"I was going to add, 'make sure you do not feed the fire by attacking it!'"

"Oops." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said.

As the cats stalked closer, Toby was freaking out. I was beginning to feel the heat against my face.

"If we don't want to feed the fire, how do we put it out?" Jim asked.

"You have sour sap, dew dredge, lumpkin oil--" Blinky said.

"What about water?"

"That's the obvious one. Where would we get enough of that?"

"Do you know any water spells, Rose?" Jim asked me.

"I haven't gotten there yet." I groaned."

"A hellheeti hydrant!" Toby said.

"Aaarrrggghhh!!!?"

"On it!"

Aaarrrggghhh!!! launched Jim from his hand. Jim changed into his armor in the air and sliced through the hydrant with his sword, spraying the cats.

"Boom, boom." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said doing a fist bump with Toby.

"Adios, fire cats." Toby said.

"Well done, Master Jim." Blinky said as Jim changed out of his armor, "Another victory for our Trollhunter."

"'Trollhunters.'" Jim said, "Come on, guys, it's a team effort."

"You've really improved since last month." I said smiling.

"Thanks, Rose Gold." Jim said. "You and Tobes have been getting better, too."
A small blush creeped on my face.

It was one thing for Blinky and Vendel to say I improved, but Jim saying that made it feel special.