Play Ball

Blinky was looking at the Killstone Jim got, "Then I took the Killstone from him, and never looked back."

"A valiant risk for the second Triumbric Stone." Blinky marveled, "But you say Angor Rot's ring was destroyed?"

"Yeah, he wasn't very happy to lose his soul. Now that no one controls him, I guess he'll be on a warpath."

"All the more reason to find the third and last stone before he shows up again." Claire said.

"Hey!" Toby said to Blinky, "Good to see you back to normal, Blinky." He walked around looking at Blinky's troll form, "I was starting to miss you there."

"Yeah, this calls for a celebration." Amber said.

"Ah. My only regret was that I never had a chance to drive one of your automobiles." Blinky said.

"Maybe that's a blessing in disguise." I said.

"Say, what was that legend again?" Jim asked.

"Three forces elemental thou must seek in marshlands, caverns deep, and mountain's peak." Claire recited.

Everyone looked at her wondering how she remembered the legend, "If I can memorize 400 lines of Shakespeare, I can remember that."

"Of course you do." I said through gritted teeth. I've accepted that Claire isn't so bad, but she still didn't have to show off her brain in front of Jim.

"Check and check on the marshlands and mountain." Toby noted, "That just leaves us the caverns deep."

"Trouble is, Tobias, all trolls live in caverns deep." Blinky said, "To search them all would far outlast our life-spans."

He looked around the room, "Has anyone seen Aaarrrggghhh!!!? If we plan on finding the final stone, we'll need all hands on deck."

-------------------------

We were walking through Trollmarket to get the Killstone cut.

"So the last stone gave you those sweet thigh blades." Toby said, "What do you think this one'll do?"

"I don't know." Jim said looking at the Killstone, "We'll have to cut it and then we'll--"

A horn is heard throughout the town.
"Is that what I think it is?" Amber asked.

"It might be." I said.

"What... was that?" Claire asked.

The lights went out, making the trolls stop what they were doing and look around.

"Not sure." Jim said, putting on his armor, "But stay close."

"Put that sword away." Bagdwella said, "Don't you know our guests are sensitive to light?"

"Guests?"

"It is." Amber and I said looking at each other.

A large group of trolls, who looked somewhat like Aaarrrggghhh!!!, started marching through town to the beat of drums. In the middle was a female troll with a crown, robe and scepter which was giving off a dim blue glow.

"Wow." Claire awed, "They all look like Aaarrrggghhh!!!"

"Queen Usurna of the Krubera." Blinky explained, "They reside in the deepest cavern under the Earth's mantle. Rarely do they venture this close to the surface."

"Deepest caverns?" Jim asked, "You don't think that--"

"It's plausible, if not convenient."

Amber, Blinky and I bowed in respect for the queen.