It's Over, Isn't It?

It's been two weeks since Jim went into the Darklands. Claire and I handled his duties in Trollmarket while Toby kept up his appearance on the surface with the glamor mask.

The amulet didn't call for anyone else, so we knew Jim was ok.

I found out during lessons that I can no longer do teleportation, fire, or speed. I could also not do certain potions.

But hey, at least I still have my light spell.

It wasn't impossible to get back to my level, but with my current sources, it wasn't gonna be easy. Would've been a great time to have an actual wizard teacher.

One day, Blinky was talking to Aaarrrggghhh!!!'s stone body about how to get Jim back, "Yes! I believe this could work. What do you think, old friend?"

Nothing.

"Hmm." I hummed sadly.

"No, you're right. It can't work. A shadow staff cannot cross into the Darklands. So, the question remains. How does one open a bridge to save the Trollhunter when one needs a Trollhunter to open said bridge? The quandary is confounding. Think, Blinkous, think!"

"Any luck, Blink?" Claire asked as she and Toby entered the room.

"Per usual, I'm never short on plans, but a working one? No. I must say, it is most frustrating to find oneself without any options. What about you, Tobias? Any fortune with the fetch?"

Toby stuck his head out of the fetch, "I've been sticking my head through this thing everywhere in Arcadia. All I see is endless Darklands. No Jim. But I have been leaving Nougat Nummies to let him know we haven't given up..." He tossed one through the fetch, "and to provide a boost of nourishment. This is hopeless, isn't it?"

"As my brother Dictatious used to say..." Blinky said before speaking troll.

"Even the word 'hopeless'..." Claire and I translated.

"...isn't a void of hope. Glad to see you both still know your Trollish. Which is precisely why we mustn't give up in helping Master Jim. Our adventures have already taken one friend from us. We must not lose another. The answer to saving Jim is in here somewhere."

Jim was out there somewhere. I'm not giving up on him.

Claire was flipping through a book looking for answers. I was putting on a lightshow and practicing, and failing, at telekinesis.

Toby picked up a strange looking staff, "Hey! What the heck? Who turned my warhammer into a backscratcher?"

"After witnessing your troubles handling it, I sought to stabilize its unpredictability and make it, as you might say..." Blinky said before opening it up, "Fun-sized."

"Whaaaaaat? Pocket hammer. Fun-size."

Open, "Awsome-size!"

Toby played with it going back and forth.

A horn was blown, "Holy horns, what's that?"

Trollmarket was gathered in the middle of town. We made our way through the crowd to see head trolls, including queen Ursurna, walking through town.

"Whoa! All the troll heavyweights are here. Hey! Wise Wumpa lady!"

She didn't seem too happy to see him.

"What are they doing here?" Amber asked.

"Who summoned the Tribunal, Vendel?" Blinky asked when he got up to Vendel.

"The Tribunal summoned themselves." Vendel explained, "Word of the Trollhunter's stupidity to enter the Darklands has spread like the plague. And now, they're calling for the destruction of Killahead Bridge."