Tuning In And Blacking Out

After learning about the Janus Order, Blinky found a way to meet up with a member.

It involved having a steak out. I didn't know spying on someone meant having barbecue.

Blinky was looking through binoculars from the car we were all in one night, "Nope. Not him." He said looking at a cop.

"Well, I'd hope not after he recycled." Amber said.

"We've been on a stakeout forever." Claire said.

"When are we going for steaks?" I asked.

"That's not what a stakeout is, Rose Gold." Amber explained, "I'll tell you later."

"Do we even know who we're looking for?" Claire asked.

"It appears Strickler corresponded with a German named Otto Scaarbach." Blinky explained.

"That's his name?" NotEnrique asked, "Might as well call him 'Mr. Evil Man.' How do you even know he's gonna be here?"

"I interneted him."

"Interneted."

"Silence you impudent runt! I interneted him as Strickler, asking to meet. But when he discovers he's been stood up, he'll lead us back to the Janus Order."

"If anyone's hungry, I got peanut brittle, popcorn, marshmallow goop, and 16 flavors of bubble gum." Toby said.

"I'll have some of that goop." I said.

Toby scooped a handful of white goop into my hands and I licked it off. It was messy, but so worth it.

"We get it, Tobes." Claire rolled her eyes, "You just got your braces off."

"Oh, did you notice?" Toby smirked.

"I think I see Mr. Evil Man."

It was a man in a brown hat and trench coat. Of course our target had to be straight out of a spy movie.

"That's gotta be him!" NotEnrique said before being shushed.

"Slip out quietly." Blinky said, "One false move and we might spook him."

"Right, follow him back to the Janus Order." Toby said, "Piece of cake. Let's go!"

"Wait--" Amber tried to say.

Toby was about to jump out of the car, but tripped and spilled his food on the ground.

"Shh, Toby." Claire hissed.

"Sorry." He slipped on the gum as he was getting up, spooking Mr. Evil Man.

"There he goes." I said.

"We can't lose him. You drive, Blink. Toby, Rose and I'll follow on foot." Claire said.

"Whoo! Chase scene!"

Blinky sped off as we chased the man down, making sure we weren't seen, "There he is!"

Blinky drove by and Mr. Evil Man disappeared again, "Lost him!"

"Look!"

Toby found him running into a dark street across town and we did our best to follow him.

"Look! Over there!"

The man was running down the street before turning around.

"Quick! Hide!" Said Claire ducking behind a car.

I didn't have my camouflage spell anymore, so I went behind the car with her. God, I miss that spell.

Toby tried to hide behind a thin sign.