Losing A Friend

One night, we were chasing a car that was being driven by gnomes.

Yeah, I don't get it much either.

Blinky stuck his head out the window of the car we were riding in and shouted, "I know the allure of operating one of these noble machines, but stop this instant!"

Both cars were going crazy on the street crashing into each other or some bits on the road.

Hey, I was the one driving, and I didn't know how to do jack squat. Not like Blinky was much help either.

Jim and Claire were speeding after the gnome car on his Vespa. Claire tried to make a portal to catch them, but the gnomes drove around it.

Toby and Aaarrrggghhh!!! got on the road, and Aaarrrggghhh!!! caught them with his strength.

Great. Just a simple mission done and over with.

I stopped the car and Jim put the gnomes in a bag, handing it to Blinky, "You two take the gnomes back to Trollmarket. We'll get Senor Uhl's truck back before anyone notices--"

A siren was heard, making Aaarrrggghhh!!!, Blinky and I run.

However, Jim, Claire and Toby were still in trouble.

I don't know what happened to them, but I heard the words "Saturday detention".

Sounds like a prison.

------------------------

When I was done with my lesson with Vendel, we walked to the library to deliver a message from the queen.

"Is this really necessary?" I asked.

"Of course." Vendel said, "If we go against the Tribunal, it would be treason."

I sighed knowing this was an argument we couldn't win. Not like Vendel liked this anymore than any of us did.

Aaarrrggghhh!!! and Draal were eating cassette tapes when we walked in the library, "Queen Ursurna demands to see the Trollhunter."

"And I demand a pair of reading glasses." Blinky said holding a book, "But has anyone dared to craft those? Hardly."

Vendel swatted the book out of his hands with his staff, "It has come to her attention that Blood Goblins and gruesomes have been sighted in Arcadia."

"What? Why did you tell her, Vendel?"

"I didn't. I wasn't even aware of these developments. She also knows that the Bridge was left unguarded during your rescue mission."

"She knows a lot." Aaarrrggghhh!!! said.
Draal was feeling a little guilty.

"So, it is true."

Aaarrrggghhh!!! backed away awkwardly when he realized what he just did.

"They were in trouble." Amber said, "We couldn't have just done nothing."

"Regardless of that, whoever is telling Ursurna these things isn't important." Vendel's staff got caught in his horn, and he got it out, "What matters is she's making a case to prove a conspiracy. Before this blows up I suggest you retrieve the Trollhunter."

Aaarrrggghhh!!! was sniffing the end of Vendel's staff, which he thought smelled odd, "And while you're at it, find my staff." He left the room.

"It's not like Vendel wants any of this to happen." I said, "There isn't much he can do about it, anyway."

"I shall return to the forest for any evidence of Gunmar I may find." Draal said leaving.

"Be careful out there." Amber said.