Chapter 29

Surprise! Another Update :O This one has a few songs attached to it. Again I recommend using the spotify playlist for a better experience. Last four songs are in this chapter. 

Are you ready? Cause I wasn't. 

Enjoy!

Three Years Later

It's been a few years since I quit fifth Harmony. Shortly after my departure rumors started to spread about Lauren and I. If we broke up. If we were ever together. If Lauren was disgusted by my feelings that I left, Lauren quickly shut that rumor down with a post about me on Instagram. It was heartwarming that even though I left her so suddenly she still cared and loved me. Can't say that is still the case nowadays though. It's been rough. I've been doing drugs pretty much everytime I'm awake. I started to live with Demi out in LA a year ago after my lease on my apartment was up. We party all the time, It's been a lot of fun to break free from my thoughts and actually have fun. Tabloids are on a rampage with trashing my name but I don't care anymore. I quit singing. But I still write songs and create. I think I found a new passion for producing and it's been great. I've been able to work with so many amazing people and finally feel like people like me. I'm actually in the studio now with Sabrina Carpenter. She's recording a song I helped her write "Sue Me" . It's very empowering to be a part of this song. She's a very gorgeous girl and has a crazy voice. With her long blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. What's not to like? I wonder if she's into girls or open to experiment. I've given up trying to fight my feelings for girls. After I left Lauren and started partying all the time I've hooked up with a few girls here and there. And God do I truly love women. They're just better. At everything.

"How was that Alz?" Sabrina's voice cuts through my thoughts. I realize she's finished singing and I completely got lost in thoughts again. That means the coke is wearing off and it's time for another hit soon. "That was great like always love" I say into the mic. I get an idea. "Why don't we go out tonight to celebrate? Demi is throwing another party later but we can skip that and go do whatever if you want." I suggest. She smiles and has a look in her eyes that I can't read. I think I was right, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. "Definitely open to whatever. But! You have to come sing a song for me first." She says. Ah. That's what always gets them. "Okay but I can't promise that it'll be a happy song." I say as I get up and walk into the booth. I grab a guitar and sit in front of her. I start to strum to a melody that's been stuck in my head.

No, I think I'll stay in tonight

Skip the conversations and the, oh, I'm fines

No, I'm no stranger to surprise

This paper town has let me down too many times

Why do I even try?

Give me a reason why

I thought that I could trust you, never mind

Why all the switching sides?

Where do I draw the line?

I guess I'm too naive to read the signs

I'm just lookin' for some real friends

All they ever do is let me down

Every time I let somebody in

Then I find out what they're all about

I'm just lookin' for some real friends