Chapter 31

Here's another one for you guys <3 Hope you enjoy. Last two songs on the playlist are in here.

I wake up the next morning wondering if last night really happened. It all felt like a dream. I sit up from my bed and stretch. I want to go into this day with a positive attitude. I'm going to stay sober today and work on myself. It's definitely needed. I get up and throw on an old t-shirt laying around. I walk downstairs and check the living room. I sigh in relief. She's still here. So last night really happened. She sang her heart to me and I attacked her with affection only for her to go and drink and find someone else. What happened to her in the three years we've been apart?

I walk over to her and sit on the edge of the couch. I brush stray hairs away from her face and she stirs. Not wanting to wake her I get up and head to the kitchen. I find Demi making pancakes and bacon at the stove dancing around. I smile. This woman has helped me so much without realizing it. I probably would be dead in a ditch if it wasn't for her.

"Morning Demi" I say as I grab water from the fridge. She jumps, startled and almost drops a pancake on the floor. She looks at me with wide eyes and pulls a headphone out of her ear. "Morning shortstack, you scared me." She says finishing up the pancakes. I laugh and sit down at the island. "Sorry, didn't know you had headphones on" I say munching on a piece of bacon.

She turns around after turning the stove off and looks at me.

"So are we gonna talk about the mess sleeping in my living room?" She asks with her arms crossed. I sigh. "I don't know what to do Demi. How can I help her when I can't even help myself?" I ask her. Her gaze softens. "Maybe you both need help outside of each other." She states softly. I tilt my head at her not knowing what she means, she continues. "You both have addictions and shit going on in your heads that you need to get out. I think it's time you own up to the fact that you are a drug addict now and get help. Same goes for her but with Alcohol. I don't know her story and I'm sure you don't either but she needs help. Professional help. I know your story and I let it slide for a little bit but enough is enough Alz." She says grabbing my hand. Tears sting my eyes. I haven't admitted to myself that I have a problem. I don't want it to be true. "I don't want to know how much I've destroyed my life Demi. I'm scared." I say choking up. She comes around the island and hugs me tight.

"It's okay to be scared sweetie but you're not alone. I think you and Lauren can both benefit from this and also help each other. But this means getting real help. Like rehab. Take some time away from everything and focus on yourselves, then come back to each other. The hard part is going to be getting Lauren to agree to this." She says rubbing my back. I nod my head. I need to do this. Not only for myself but for Lauren. "I don't think she's going to agree to it though." I say.

"Even if it means losing you again? You two could be so good to each other and for each other but you have to be good to yourself first." She says. I hear a sniffle and look back towards the kitchen entrance. Oh god. Lauren. She's standing there holding onto herself with tears falling down her face. I pull away from Demi, getting up and going to her. She doesn't look at me.

"Lauren, sweetie" I say softly, reaching out to her. She pulls away from me and my heart breaks a little. She finally looks up at me and I see the pain in her eyes. God I just want to take it away from her. She deserves so much better.

"Demi is right. We need help. But I don't know if I can go through with it. I need to think. Demi is it okay if I use your music room? I think better with music." Lauren says so softly. Demi nods and Lauren walks out towards the music room. I want to go after her and hug her but I know she doesn't need me right now. Demi and I continue to eat breakfast.

Once I finish eating I go to check on Lauren. I stop short at the door when I hear her raspy tone again. I peek my head into the room listening to the intro music. She's standing there nodding her head before she goes up to the mic.