chapter 8

"mamma mia, now i really know. my, my i should not have let you go!" i finished my shower performance loudly and bowed to my non-existent crowd. "thank you, thank you"

i turned off my shower and wrapped my towel tightly around myself. i climbed out of the shower and changed into a cropped t-shirt and some pink silk shorts. i walked out of the bathroom while combing through my wet hair.

i stopped in my tracks as i met the eyes of harry and ron who were struggling to hold in their laughter. i slightly covered up my bare stomach with my arms, as my crop top barely covered my chest.

"nice singing lex" ron snorted.

"why thank you! i have a whole soundtrack" i smiled happily as i looked to harry. i could see his gaze moving down to my bare stomach and then back up to meet my eyes. something erupted in me in that moment, i wasn't sure what it was, but it was there.

"here's chip lex" mione snapped me out of my trance by handing me my fluffy pink pgmy puff.

"thanks mione" i smiled as i laid on my bed, "tomorrow's the third task right?" i asked absentmindedly.

"yea, but i'm feeling pretty good about it" harry told us, "they gathered us up like a week ago to tell us what it was, it's just a maze with creatures and stuff inside"

"that doesn't sound nearly as bad as the first two" ron said.

"i'm sure you'll do brilliant." i told him, "so onto more fun topics. you guys are visiting this summer right?" i looked over to ron and hermione.

"most definitely." hermione responded.

"i'd be glad to, you know get away from my crackpot of a family." ron grumbled.

"be quiet, i love your family." i scolded.

we were engulfed into a peaceful silence. i dozed off, while holding chip in my hand, into a peaceful sleep.

-

"okay you're gonna do great harry and then we can get food and summer will start and you'll come home and everything will be ok." i rambled as i held his shoulders, trying to convince him that everything would be fine, even though i wasn't very convinced myself.

"yea, perfectly fine." he nodded to himself as we started walking down the corridors to the last task. this one didn't seem all that bad if you compared it to the others, but i just didn't have a good feeling.

as we entered the stands where i would be watching him i spotted hermione and ron already sat down.

i turned to harry for a moment, "love you harold." i hugged him tightly before walking off to join hermione and ron.

professor dumbledore explained that the four champions would enter the maze and have to bring back the trophy.

with a large crack from a little pistol harry and cedric were off, viktor and fleur joining them soon after.

it was painful having to just watch the maze, not knowing what was happening. they said nobody was going to die, so everyone would be alright, right?

red sparks were shot into the sky from far into the maze, and fleur was dragged out. she looked shocked.

"lex calm down, everything's fine." mione reminded me as i let out a large sigh.

"you're right, i'm overreacting."

viktor was dragged out a couple minutes later, he looked rough, what happened to him?

it had been 3 hours since harry and cedric entered the maze, and still nothing.