chapter 16

"is this cute?" i asked while stepping out of the bathroom to face hermione.

today was halloween, and the party starts in around thirty minutes. hermione and i were currently getting ready, and lavender and parvati had already left. i had decided on a fairy costume a couple days ago, out of convenience, but it did look pretty cute.

i was wearing a light blue crop top/skirt set paired with a pair of flimsy sparkly gray fairy wings that matched my sparkly grey heels.

"the cutest, and hot too" mione gasped as she saw me, while still putting her hair up.

"mione? what are you doing?" i asked while eying her. she was wearing a white sweater with sloths printed on it paired with some blue jeans, finished with her hair in a messy bun.

"getting ready?" she shrugged.

"no, what are you wearing?" i questioned.

"oh, this is my sloth sweater, i thought it was funny for halloween" hermione laughed.

"can i please find you a better costume?" i pleaded.

"what's wrong with my sloth sweater?" she asked with a sad face.

"ron thinks you're gorgeous either way, but don't you want to knock his socks off?"

"i have no idea what you're talking about" she laughed with tainted cheeks.

"then do it for yourself. please" i begged.

"fine, just don't go too overboard" she said pointedly.

"great!" i exclaimed before i began shuffling through my closet.

i pulled out a flowery long sleeve dress and a pair of white glossy heels and handed them to her, hermione sent me a look with raised eyebrows.

"a hippie, duh" i told her.

"a hippie?"

"go change" i smiled at her innocently.

a couple minutes later she walked out of the bathroom while pulling down the dress.

"it's a bit short lex" she told me.

"more like sexy" i said as i grabbed her hand and made her sit at the desk.

"okay, it is pretty cute" she mumbled.

i quickly curled her hair in perfect ringlets, "perfect! okay let's go!" we slipped on our heels and exited the dorm together.

the common room was filled with people who were dressed up in crazy costumes ranging from a pirate to a gorilla, and crazy strobing lights.

"lexie, hermione!" fred yelled out and him and george made their way over to us.

"hippe and fairy" george added as he pointed at each of us.

"right on spot" i smiled.

"drinks are over there" fred pointed to across the room, "have fun!" he finished as the pair walked away.

ron and harry came over to us while clutching red solo cups tightly.

"mione!" ron slurred as he engulfed her in a hug, to which she returned happily, but confused.

"are you guys like drunk?" i asked with raised eyebrows.

"only a bit" harry said, stumbling over his words a bit.

"harold" i stared at him for a minute, "you were drinking without me? i feel hurt" i put a hand over my heart mockingly.

"sorry lexold" he smiled crookedly. merlin that smile. "can i get you a drink?"