chapter 19

"wake up lexie, it's christmas!" i heard a voice yell, who i assumed to be harry.

"early" i groaned as i flipped my body over so i could shove my face farther into the pillow.

"but it's christmas!" he bounced up and down on the bed excitedly causing me to waken more.

i sat up while rubbing my eyes and gave harry a hard glare, which he very much deserves for waking me up so early.

"lexie" he whined, "it's christmas!"

"i'm up" i mumbled. ron had already woken hermione up and she was sitting across the room staring ahead, seemingly as tired as i am.

"gift time!" ron yelled out, startling hermione and i.

"yes!" harry said loudly while pumping his hand into the air.

i crawled over to my trunk and pulled out four gift bags, for my best friends. we all sat in a circle and passed our gifts to each other.

we decided ron should open first, he received a stack of books and a framed photo of hermione and him from mione, a large pile of sweets from harry, a book titled how to admit you're in love with someone and a pair of socks with little broomsticks on them from me.

"harry you're next" ron told him while sliding over his gift, mione and i following.

he opened hermione's first, unsurprisingly receiving a couple books and a red sweatshirt. ron gave him a broom polishing kit and some of fred and george's new sweets.

"here you go" i smiled as i handed him a little blue bag with snowflakes on it.

he first pulled out a pair of pajama pants with little golden snitches on them, causing me to snicker quietly.

"i thought they were cute, plus i got a matching shirt" i told him while laughing. he looked at me with raised eyebrows, but i saw the smile underneath.

he then pulled out an empty scrapbook, "for all the memories we make" i told him, causing him to let a grin slip onto his face.

harry pulled me over to him and crushed me into a hug, kissing the top of my head.

hermione opened her gifts next, receiving a perfume and a pair of earrings from ron, a plant with a happy face on the pot from harry, some cute tops and a pair of pink fluffy slippers from me.

lastly, they slid over my gifts.

i pulled out a red fluffy blanket and a pair of fuzzy socks from the bag ron gave me, after saying my thank you's i moved onto hermione's. she gave me a set of matching pj's and a cookbook titled learning to bake 101.

"one second lex" harry told me as he walked to the other side of the room and pulled a gorgeous bouquet of white and pink lily flowers out of the closet.

he handed them to me with a small smile, "they reminded me of you" he spoke. i grinned happily at the beautiful flowers.

i leaned over to him and quickly pecked him on the cheek while still clutching the flowers.

"there's still more" harry told me, to which i laughed lightly.

i set down the flowers lightly and opened the bag. inside was a stunning black dress, i picked it up and held it. the dress had puffy sleeves and a cute scoop neckline.

"i'm taking you out to dinner, that is if you want to go" i looked to harry who looked a bit nervous at his present, "i convinced sirius to let us leave the house for one night over holidays, there's a nice restaurant  a couple blocks away."