Chapter 21

S I R I U S

S I R I U S

Marked the day Remus left for six months. Six months in the USA. I was happy that he was doing something that he loved. I was sad that I was not their to be a part of it. I decided not to cry today and just smile and wait till he came back.

With that thought I got up and decided to get a cup of coffee for myself and Remus who was still due to get up.

I slowly tip toed out of our room and quickly descended the stairs. I entered the kitchen to find mum sitting at the bar stool, a forgotten cup of coffee and her eyes fixed on the kitchen window but mind afar. Obviously thinking the same thing with which I woke up. I sighed and went to her, hugging her from behind softly around her neck.

She jumped a little but calmed realising it's just one of her child. She absent mindly started rubbing my arm. I stood their kissing her forehead occasionally.

"Sirius, how are you?"

It was spoken so quietly that I would have missed it, if not for the silence we stood in. I was quiet for sometime pondering my answer.

"Sad." I finally answered.

She nodded and stood up forcing me to open my arms and then she buried her face in my neck and wrapped her arms around me instead. I and mum were the same height being the smallest people in the Lupin household.

I quickly wrapped her in my arms and felt her crying in my shoulder. I rubbed her back trying to calm her. I knew out of everyone she was gonna miss him the most. But she was the one being the most brave about it. And I admired her for it.

She pulled back after several minutes. Her sobs decreased to mere sniffles. She looked up and smiled a sad smile.

"Sorry Siri."

I shook my head and took her face in my hands. I rubbed her cheeks and said. "No mum no need to be sorry. You have all the right to break down. I am gonna miss him too. It's fine but we can't cry in front of him. Yes we need to be strong for him. Right." She nodded and ushered me to go make coffee for everyone. I did what she said.

I completed making and pouring the coffee when all the three made their way down. Reg went straight to mum who was sitting on the couch and wrapped his arms around her. Lily came to me and Remus sat on the table. "Morning Lils." I greeted. She nodded sleepy and rested her head on my shoulder.

I handed her a cup which she blew in before going to sit next to Remus. I walked to the couch giving Reg a cup. And then settled next to Remus with my half cup of coffee and Remus' cup. He thanked me softly, kissed me and returned to his conversation with Lily.

~~

Later everyone of us had a small breakfast with minimal conversation. Not really in mood of it.