Chapter 7

R E M U S

R E M U S

There stood a boy who was of our age or maybe younger than us. He had black hair which were messed really badly and his eyes were striking grey which had tears running down them and he looked oddly familiar. I couldn't quite place him.

He started to shake and cry, again he tried to say something but couldn't quite form the words. I thought and suddenly pointed out who he was. Able to roughly place him as someone I remotely knew.

"Are you Regulus?" I asked softly. He heard me and frantically nodded his head. I ran to the door and before I could say anything he engulfed me in a bone crushing hug. I felt tears in my own eyes. I tried to calm him by rubbing circle on his back soothingly. Ignoring the fact his tears drenched my shirt. After a lot of time he calmed down enough to speak yet not properly.

"Tell me what happened ?" I asked, rubbing his shoulder and letting him sit on the couch. My own hands were trembling and I felt my limbs tremble just from the mere thought of something happening to Sirius.

"Calm down, darling and tell us what happened." My mum said and went to make some tea for him, when he kindly asked her to make.

"I am..am Sir..rius' you-younger bro-ther." He stuttered and took a deep breath after he completed talking. "I know." Now confirmed he was the same chubby child I saw in the mantle picture the other day.

He drank the tea my mom brought first and then calmed down enough to tell us everything without a stutter.

"Well, all this happened last night. When he came back from confessing you and all. He was very happy so he ordered beer and pizza to celebrate. We had them and we're enjoying, watching a comedy movie.

When suddenly our mom and dad burst in our house. They are, as you know quite abusive." I nodded. Sirius very briefly talked about his parents and why they lived without them. It was easy to piece together a picture without him saying much. But it broke my heart every time he talked about them and got a feared glint in his eyes.

"They kind of hate that Sirius is gay and that he is proud of it. So to put his 'senses' back they gave us 'the lesson.' Remus, Sirius was too drunk to do anything. They came for me too but Sirius didn't let them touch me. He took it upon himself. They somehow know that Sirius has a boyfriend now and is really happy with him." He said and by now, he was again crying. My blood ran cold and sweat prickled the back of my nape. The chilling sensation of something happening to Sirius came at me full force. I could feel my eyes fill up with tears and a lump settle in my throat. Not sure if I wanted to hear further.

"When Sirius fell unconscious, they got a little scared and they thought that it was enough of a lesson for him so they ran away even before I could report them."

"I took him to the hospital soon after he was left unconsious. There I saw the card of ma'am's company it had your address on it so I came here." He said, and pointed to my mum. She even had our home address on her business cards as a large percent of her work was done by home for our comfort.

He finished the story relaxing a little on the couch. By now I was kneeling in front of him and Lily was on the couch next to him and mum stood next to the armrest rubbing his back. All of us too stunned to say something. Lily had her lips wobbling trying to control her tears. My Mum too looked distressed.

"Reg which hospital is he in?" I asked softly, my voice cracking at the end. "The city hospital." He said and I stood up to go and see him. "Mum I will be back, come on Reg we need to go." I said and picked the car keys which rested on the table next to our entrance door.

He shakily stood up and I was about to open the door when mum said. "Rem, just be careful and call me or Lily if anything happens. And Reg calm down everything is gonna be alright just believe us. Okay." Mum reassured us and we smiled at her.

"Yes we will take care, bye and take care of yourself." I said and kissed her forehead. Then we made our way to my car. Reg settled down and we drove to the hospital.

We reached the hospital and the doctor led us to Sirius' room. I slowly walked to the door and turned the doorknob with my shaking hand. My breath quicker and some stray tears fell so I closed my eyes.

I took a deep breath to steady myself. When I felt a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Reg standing behind me.

"Let's go."

I nodded and we headed in. I was shocked and kind of relieved to see Sirius. He had a black eye. He had bandages on both wrists and left forearm. He had a broken ankle. He was sleeping but started to move when he heard commotion happening in the room.

"Rem." He whispered softly. I ran to him and stood next to his bed and held his hand softly in my own hands. "Yes baby, it's me, don't worry I won't let anything happen to you." I said and tears fell down my eyes. "Hey love, don't cry please." He said, trying to reach me and wipe my tears, "I am not don't worry." I said, trying to calm down and not to make him worry about me any more.

"Yeah and I am stupid, right." He said sarcastically. I chuckled and sat on the chair. "How are you darling?" I asked obviously being silly.

"Good! Now that you are here." He said smirking. "Sap." I said laughing through my tears, which have subsided a lot now.

"Guys sorry but I am also here." Reg said reminding us. We laughed and I said. "Sorry Reg come on here." I said he smiled and came to us and sat at the end of Sirius bed.

"Thank God you are not dead." He said after a minute. "What if I was?" Sirius asked and I smacked him on his good, non- bandaged arm.

"Then you must have haunted the shit out of me as you would have turned into a ghost for fun, won't you Siri." He asked laughing. We all laughed and talked little more until a doctor came in.

"Good evening gentlemen." She said and walked in further. "Hello ma'am." I greeted and stood up to shake her dainty hand, she gladly greeted me back. She was a small woman with charcoal hair tied in a bun and was clad in a modest yellow dress and lab coat. A warm aura surrounded her.

"Hi, I am doctor Wilson, and who are you?" She asked looking at me. "Oh ! I am the patient's, I mean Sirius' boyfriend." I said smiling towards her. She returned the smile and said. "I see, Mr-".

"Lupin". I helped her. "Yeah! Mr. Lupin as I was saying Mr. Black here is not in danger. They just had many nasty bruises and cuts which are bandaged completely now, he will be able to go home after five days at the most." She explained everything to Sirius and I. Reg was definitely not listening to her anymore.

"Okay thank you so much ma'am, umm...can I stay here with him." I asked and looked down where Sirius was lying making faces, at the prospect of spending five more days here.

"Yeah why not, just let him sleep and I would strongly advise Mr. Regulus to go and have rest, you were very tired when you came here darling." She said and excused herself from the room.

I sat on the chair again and took his hand in mine. I noticed that Siri was already asleep, I smiled and kissed his forehead. I sat down and turned to Reg. "You go to my house and take the car, for now sleep in my room it's already made. Don't go back to yours and tell mum that we are fine. Be careful." I said to Regulus, he nodded and took the car keys and walked out after hugging his sleeping brother one's.

He left and I made myself comfortable next to Sirius on the couch in the room. And fell asleep next to my Siri.

So helo people
Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

I know a little sad chapter but yeah!
C

omment and tell I'd you liked it or not.
Thanks for reading.
May you happy day and life.
Bye!
Stay alive.

Vote.
Follow my Bookstgram: caffeinated_bookshelf_