Chapter 5

R E M U S

R E M U S

I woke up to the alarm clock ticking and the sunshine stabbing me in the eyes. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I got up and headed to the bathroom. I quickly hopped in the shower and took a quick shower.

After I was done I went to the mirror and started to brush my teeth. The mirror was fogged so I cleaned it and examined myself. It was the same unruly haired and ambered eyed man looking at me. I shrugged and brushed my teeth. I wore the same plain jumper and jeans as per normal.

Today felt like something special. Something different. It was good but different. Beautiful, exciting to be exact. But what I couldn't figure out. It felt like I didn't want to curse someone's head off or actually sock them in the mouth. I didn't feel like scowling much today. Much to my annoyance I felt happy today. I mean I have no problem being happy but life's been a little too shitty in the past to be actually happy. I was still calmer after moving here when I was in my last hometown.

Let me tell you one thing kids, Retaliation in rebellious teenage years was never a good thing. Yeah it might feel good at the time but the hangovers and AIDS threats the next morning were never a good wake up alarm.

I let the feeling of everything being okay hang and made my way down for breakfast.

I made my way down and felt the atmosphere was quite airee. It was a normal day. Mum was as per usual making toast and eggs and bacon and cheese. The coffee machine was as per usual working and making coffee for me. Yet mum and Lily were both a little too jumpy. Lily even hugged me in the morning. Mum also smiled very wide upon seeing me in the morning. Yet everything was normal. What the fuck is this nagging feeling then.

We had breakfast peacefully and set to go to school."So, Rem are you busy today?" Lily asked breaking the quitness. "No, nothing I mean I will come back and maybe study and pass time talking to Siri on the phone or maybe go hang out with him..Yeah that's all." I answered looking at her.

I heard a faint breath and a quiet yes from Lily. "That's all or..?" I trailed off letting Lily fill in for me.

"Yeah that's all". She said and instantly took her phone out and texted someone. I tried to peek but she hid it from me. I, defeated sat back down.

We reached school and Lily took off to meet her friends. I saw James and Peter standing near the large tree, whispering something but stopped abruptly when I came in sight.

"Umm....Good morning guys." I greeted, still suspicious as to what they were talking about.

"Morning Rem", was choired together. We stood there for a few minutes when someone called. "Remus, good morning". I smiled and turned around to the all too familiar voice. I saw the black hair and icy eyes and smiled widely.

"Good morning love". I said and he hugged me tightly. "I think we are also present here." James mumbled after a minute.

"Yeah! Yeah Jamsie we know that." Sirius said and we pulled apart. But I still didn't let go of Sirius, I coiled my arm around his small waist and pulled him flush against me, my other hand slid in the pocket of my pants. Sirius stood fiddling with his bracelets. "Let's go in, class must be starting." I said and we made our way inside.