chapter 22

R E M U S

R E M U S

"Wake up dude." I shook Frank to wake him up. But the guy didn't budge and grumbled stuffing his face in his pillow. I sighed and shook him again, this time he whispered something making me laugh.

I leaned down and heard him mumbling. "Five more minutes mum."

"No honey get up or mama is gonna whoop your ass into oblivion, darling." He sleeply nods and asked.

"Mama what's for breakfast?" I smiled again.

"Cheap fucking bitter hotel coffee and dry cakes."

He sat up slowly rubbing his eyes. He looked around to adapt where he was. He seemed to have forgotten where he actually was. His eyes slowly shifted and fell on me. His eyes went wide for a second expecting his mum instead of me. I waved at him and he nodded in acknowledgement.

"Morning Franky."

"Morning Remmy".

"Get up and go get ready. I will be waiting for you in here." He nodded and stretched like a cat. Then ever so slowly like a turtle he opened his bag and took out the essentials and went inside the bathroom. I sat watching all this from my bed.

When the door shut I relaxed and closed my eyes seemingly thinking what Siri would be doing right now. I sigh thinking about my family. Suddenly the door opened and in strolled a prim and properly ready Amelia.

I smiled at her in greeting and complimented her on her looks. She looked really good in her blouse and semi casual wide, white pants. Her hair were done properly.

"You don't look bad yourself Remus."

I thanked her and she sat next to me waiting for Frank to come so that we can go for breakfast. We laughed at some dog videos in the meantime.

~~

S I R I U S

I pulled on Remus' NASA hoodie and brushed my long hair. When I was satisfied I walked out of our room and walked towards Lily's room.

It had been a whole month since Remus was gone. It had been hard sleeping in an empty bed. It felt like I have forgotten the way of sleeping alone since I moved in with Remus. But now I tossed and turned at night. Barely sleeping. It was more like swinging in and out of consciousness.

With that thought I sighed and pushed open Lily's bedroom door. Or more like a dirty laundry bag. I mean there were small heaps of clothes here and there. The desk was suffering the most with billions of clothes cramped on it. And in the sea of all this laid Lily texting and smiling so widely as if James has just proposed her. That's what love does.

"Hey Lils can we stop sexting for a minute please."

She looked up and flipped me off. I laughed and walked in her room trying to find where exactly the floor was.