Chapter 22

That night felt endless to Natalie. She didn't know what she was going to do. On one hand she loved Gabriel even if he didn't love her back this, but on the other hand Adrien felt like a son to her. She cared for them both, but she had to make a decision. Even if she told Adrien the whole truth including Gabriel being Hawk Moth and the truth about his mother, would he be mad at her for keeping it a secret for so long.

It was early moring and Natalie had finally made a decision after going back and forth about it for hours. She was going to tell Adrien everything, she needed to. She didn't know how or when or where she was going to tell him but she knew it would be soon.

Natalie thought about it over and over again, she finally decided when Adrien got back from school and had been to Marinette's (obviously), she thought she should tell him in the car home so Gabriel wouldn't be able to talk her out of it. At this point it was about three in the morning and Natalie knew she needed sleep, so thats just what she tried to do. It was easier said than done though, as the more she thought about what she was going to do , the more her body filled up with anxiety and the more she couldn't sleep.

It was finally time to wake up that morning, She hadn't gotten nearly enough sleep. She had to get ready for the day before the Agreste's woke up. "Good morning Adrien, Make sure you are ready for school," She told him.

"Coming!" Adrien shouted down from his room. He then came racing down, with his school bag in hand and Plagg safely tucked in an inside pocket. "Is my father not up yet, what am I saying of course he isn't going to say good bye." These words hit Natalie, she knew Adrien and his fathers relationship was rocky, but was she really going to make it worse? Yes, yes she was. This afternoon she was going to come clean.

"Are you okay, Natalie. It looks like you haven't slept." Adrien asked Natalie concerned as they got into the car. "Yes, just didn't get much sleep last night". The conversation after that was not very interesting. Just as they arived at school Adrien confired the time that he was going to go to Marinette's and come home so that his father didn't realise he was gone. Natalie gave him slightly less time saying that his father was finishing earlier than usual, but this was a lie. She wanted to talk to him before he saw his father.

The day went by slowly and Natalie was filled with anxiety and struggled to do any task that she started. Gabriel thought it was best to give her space but he still messaged her, asking for her forgivness and to not tell Adrien anything. She simply ignored all attempts that he made to talk to her. She wanted to punish him for what he had done for his son. He would never have a normal life and that was because of him, she couldn't just watch any longer. She had to do something and that would be today and nothing was going to stop her.

Adrien obviously enjoyed his day at school and at Marinette's house. Even though he hadn't seen his Father properly in months and had lost his mother this was strangely the happiest he had been in years, maybe even in forever. His life was, for the first time, perfect. It may had not been perfect in other people's lives but it was in his.

The time was for Natalie to pick up Adrien from school. She was quiet as she picked him up, usually she would ask about his day but she was quiet. Natalie wanted Adrien to have one last perfect moment before she turned his world upside down. She took him straight to Marinette's where he stayed for about an hour. He would have stayed longer but Marinette had a doctors appointment to see if she was ready to go back to school yet.

Adrien said goodbye to Marinette and hopped into the car in front of her house. "Did you have a good time Adrien?" Natalie asked, this was the first time since this morning that she had spoken to him. Adrien could tell she was nervous. Her voice was shaking, she was quieter than normal and she didn't and hadn't looked him in the eye all day. "Yes, thanks Natalie. I really am lucky to have friends like mine, and to have Marinette, and you." He replied. Natalie nodded and gave him a small smile to let him know that she heard him and appreciated his comments.

"I am lucky," Adrien continued " and I want to be their for you too, I can tell something is wrong, what is it." Silence filled the car after he finished his sentence. Natalie took a deep breath and spoke clearer and slightly more confident than what she did earlier that day. "Their is something, actually that I want to tell you. I think it's important for you to know."
"What is it?" Adrien asked
"Its about your father."