Chapter 9

Marinette had been home for almost a week now and Adrien, Alya and Nino had been visiting everyday before and/or after school whenever they had the time.

The day for Marinette consisted of laying on the sofa watching her favorite films and sleeping off the pain she still felt.

* at school *

"Are you going to see Marinette tonight Adrien?" Alya asked.
"Yes, Natalie has started letting me go regularly without telling my father" he replied
" I would but I need to baby sit my sisters, two eight year olds (I'm guessing their around that age) wont go well with Marinette"

* later that day *

Alya had gone home to babysit her sisters and Nino when with her. Natalie pulled up to the school to pick Adrien up. Natalie looked at Adrien and she knew where he wanted to go. Natalie tried to make a conversation with Adrien for the short drive to Marienttes. He wasnt interested and replied with short answers like "yes" and "ok".

Once they had pulled up Natalie and Adrien got out of the car and walked through the door of the bakery.

Sabine: Hello Adrien, Hello Miss Natalie (I'm not going to try and spell her last name)
Adrien: Hello Mrs Dupain-Cheng are you alright?
Sabine: Yes Thanks are you?
Adrien: Yes, is it alright if I can go and see Marinette.
Sabine: Of course it is Adrien, shes upstairs where she usually is.

Adrien went upstairs with Natalie taling close behind him. He knew the stairs and the corridor like the back of his hand. He had done this so many times, everyday in fact.

He slowly opened the door and their Mari was on the sofa looking as beautiful as he remembered. Then it hit him. At that moment he knew. Why he was coming back so often. Why he liked visiting her so much. Why she was so special to him. He knew exacaly what she ment to him. "I love you" Adrien mumbled to himself. He thought no one could hear him. Natalie heard the word Love and her ears pricked up. She too was in Love with someone she couldn't have. But he could have her.

"What was that Adrien?" Natalie asked him knowing full well what he had just said. Marinette didnt hear any of this or the two of them come in. The two slowly shut the door and stood outside of it. "I think I love her Natalie! How do I know if I do?"
"Its what you feel in your heart Adrien, deep down you will know"
Natalie felt for the teenager. She knew exactly how he felt in the moment. "Are you going to go in?" Natalie asked. "Yeah..." Adrien walked him and sat by Marinette.

He stayed for about an hour telling her about what was happening at school, about all the gossip with friends and nothing things. He didnt mention how he felt about her. They said their goodbyes and Adrien left. He exited the flat and walked down to the bakery where he said bye to Sabine and Tom and got into the car that was parked out front.

Adrien got into the car and Natalie sat beside him. They put the divider (thing that separated the backseat from the front seat in fancy cars) up so Gorilla couldn't hear them.

"What should I do?" Adrien asked Natalie quickly and straight to the point.
"You need to tell her that's how you truly feel, if not you'll only regret it..." Natalie replied and them she looked out of the window looking sad and down.
"Hey, are you okay?"
"Yeah fine" she answered quickly and didnt reassure Adrien one bit if anything it made him question her more.
"Is their someone you love, is that why your sad?"
Natalie looked over at Adriens direction with sad eyes and looked back down again.
"You should follow your own advise. If I do it, will you?"
"Deal" the two shock on it.
The rest of the car ride was Adrien and Natalie discussing on how best to confess their love. They both needed this person in their lives and both needed to confess to them.

In the short time Natalie and Adrien had been talking earlier in the day and in the car they had gotten more close than they had in the years Natalie had been working with the family. Both of them appreciated this new found friendship.