Chapter 5

He had ducked behind chairs, wheelchair and all sorts of machines in his quest to find marinette. The final ward was in front of him. She had to be here. But how he wished she wouldn't be here. It was the intensive care ward, her injuries must be bad if she is here.

Adrien took a deep breath and opened the large wooden door. He looked around their was only 3 people in.

The first one...nope it wasnt her neither was the second. He looked around the corner and their she was. Marinette layed so still with all sorts of wires and monitors on her. She looked so peaceful. She had many bandages on.

Adrien walked up to her holding his tears back. How could someone so strong be someone so fragile? He knelt down and looked at her face. She was so pretty how didnt he notice that before. He looked at her hand and picked it up in his. He held it close and tight but not too tight to hurt her.

Suddenly the doors swung open. He dodged behind the bed and then slid under it. The nurse checked on all the patients and then walked out. He was safe.

He stayed their for about an hour holding her hand. When he left he gave her a kiss on the forehead. He felt like he had to, he had no idea why but he had too. Plagg was with them all this time and Tikki watched from under Marinettes pillow trying not to be spotted by anyone.