Chapter 23

"Its about your father."
"What about my father, is he okay?" Adrien asked now looking worried.
"I think we should go talk about this somewhere I can explain it better." After saying that Natalie took a turn off the road and parked up the car. Both got out and stat down at the cafe they had just pulled up to. No one was sat outside and not many people were near by, a couple inside but they weren't close enough for anyone to hear. Natalie got them both drinks and sat down opposite Adrien. '"I've never been here before, I will have to take Marinette when she is a bit more better, I'm sure she would love it," Adrien said almost forgetting why they had come here in the first place.

"Oh yes why were here, Natalie what's going on with my father?"
"This might come as a bit of a shock but I thought it would be best to tell you. You deserve to know. I cant go on keeping something like this from you"
"Natalie please just tell me, your scaring me." Adrien looked at Natalie she was looking down at her hands placed on her lap. The smile and joy Adrien had been feeling all day had been wiped from his face and his memory. All that consumed him was fear and concern. Was what Natalie going to tell him going to be all that bad. The silence felt like an eternity but really was just a few seconds. Natalie had no idea what she was going to say. She didnt want him to worry, but that's exactly what she was doing to him. Making him worry. She started it think this was a bad idea. But she couldn't go back on her decision, not now.

"Ok, I'm going to tell you Adrien but you need to promis to listen to all of it. Okay?" Natalie spoke to him clearly but only loud enough so the few people who were walking on the opposite side of road couldn't hear.
"I promis, I will listen." Adrien said, his eyes were fixed on Natalie, trying to read her body language to see what she was going to say, but he couldn't he had no Idea.
"Okay." Natalie took a deep breath. "Your father is not what he seems..."
"What do you mean?" Adrien asked looking more confused and intrigued than before.

"Its not good Adrien."
"Well I know he's not the best father bu-"
"No, listen. Hes worse than you think"
"What are you talking about."
Natalie looked around and lowered her voice, she needed to make sure that Adrien and only Adrien could hear this. Even if only one other person heard the news would spread and the whole of Paris would know by the end of the day.

"Your father is Hawk Moth, Adrien."
A moment of shocked rushed over Adrien, he froze, he didnt know what to say.
He then came out with "yeah right. I know my fathers not perfect but I doubt hes Hawk moth."
"He is."
"Why, he has no reason," Adrien protested he didnt want it to be true and he didnt believe it was.
"Your mother, to get your mom back." Adriens faced dropped as soon as his mother was mentioned. He thought about it over and over again. The more he did the more it made sense.

"If he is Hawk moth, I'm not saying he is but, how come you know and Ladybug and Chat Noir don't?" Adrien said trying fo make it less obvious he was Chat Noir. Natalie sat silence for a few moments thinking. She knew if she would ever gain his trust again, she would have to tell him the whole truth. Including were alter-ego.

"Its because..." she took a deep breath,"I helped him, I'm Mayura." When Adrien heard them words he leaped up out of his chair and looked horrified. "You, you have been helping him."
"Adrien please you said you would let me explain the whole truth." Adrien sat back down in his chair and looked at her again. All sorts of thought were going through his mind. How could Natalie someone who was like a mother to him be someone like Mayura.

"Yes I helped him, but I understand now how wrong it was. You see I did it for your dad not Hawk moth. I care for him Adrien. At least I did. But now I don't not after I've seen how badly he treats everyone in Paris, but especially you. I thought he was doing this for you but he was only doing this for himself and..." Natalie sighed, "He was the one who almost killed Marinette."
"What?!" This made Adrien furious. To know that his father is awful father who couldn't care less about him hurt, almost killed the love of his life and ended his happiness for good make Adrien rage. He hurt her as Ladybug and hurt her as Marinette. He hated his father. Adrien couldn't even process that Natalie was apart of this yet. He was still so full with anger at his father he couldn't think straight.

"Why did you tell me, even about your involvement?" Adrien questioned confused as to why she would drop herself in it, knowing how much trouble she could get into. "I couldn't go on, knowing how much it would hurt you when you did find out. Adrien you might not feel the same but I care for you like I would my own child. I couldn't hold this back from you any longer."

"Thank you, for telling me. You've been more of a parent than my father ever has." Their was a pause as Adrien thought of what he was going to say next. "Are you going to continue working for him?"
"No, I'm done. I dont want to know that man after everything he has done to you and to Paris."

They talked about everything for almost two hours until it got dark. Talking through everything that had happened. Natalie wanted it all out in the open.

"Where should we go? I cant go back home," Adrien explained.
"Do you want to tell everything to Marinette? You could stay their."
"What about you? Where will you go?"
"I'll ask Marientte to see if you can stay too."
"Thank You Adrien. You really are like a son to me."