Chapter 6

Adrien got home around 6am and fell asleep until 8am when Natalie and Gabriel woke him up to ask him if he was up for going to school.

On two hours sleep Adrien said no of course and went back to sleep. He set his alarm for 9:45am so he could get up and go visit Marinette again with her parents Alya and Nino. At 9:50 Adrien was ready and waiting at the front door for Tom and Sabine to pick him up. They arrived shortly after and Adrien got in Alya and Nino were already in the car. The drive to the hospital was silent until Alya broke the ice.

"You know the picture I posted on the lady blog has been seen almost half a million times, I'm sure someone will recognise the car sooner or later" Nino then asked "cant the police just look up the licence plate and see who it belongs to?"
"They tried but it turns out the licence plate matches a delivery lorry that travels from Calais over the channel to Dova, it must be a false one" Sabine explained.

Once they got their it was ten past ten. They headed up to the reception desk. Luckily for Adrien it was a different person. They took the directions the receptionist said and arrived at the intensive care room. Tom opened the door and looked around for his daughter. He went around the corner and found her. Shortly after Sabine joined him. As soon as her eyes saw Marinette she heart sank and her eyes teared up. She clung on to Tom.

Alya and Nino saw Marinette next. Alya was visibly crying and Nino was comforting her. Adrien saw her again. He didnt know what he could do. It felt so natural earlier that morning to hold her hand and give her a kiss. Now he didnt know what he could do, it felt foreign to him now.

Tom and Sabine left at half eleven to get back to the bakery in time for lunch. They knew they couldn't do anything for Marinette when she wasnt awake and knew she was in good hands. Alya, Nino and Adrien stayed for as long as they could until they got kicked out. Alya said her goodbyes gave her a kiss on the hand and left along side Nink and waited outside for Adrien. Now Adrien was alone with Marinette it felt more natural to him now. He held her hand and softly kissed it. "Its okay Mari, you are in good hands" he said quietly to her as he kissed the top of her forehead. He left the room and joined Alya and Nino outside the trio headed to the park and sat besides the river with an ice cream from André (ice cream man). They talked mainly about Marinette and how could someone hit a teenage girl with their car and speed off. Alya updated her blog saying the licence plate was wrong and to just look out for the name, make and colour of the car. They sat their until half twelve and then went to the bakery to get their lunch and sat back down at the park.

In the afternoon Alya informed everyone at school what happened as she didnt have time the day before. Nino had some things to do which he did with Alya. Adrien decided he should go visit Mari again.

It was 2pm when he arrived. He went straight up to Mari's room, he knew exactly where it was he had been their so many times, though this time everyone knew he was going. Alya purposefully went with Nino so Adrien could be alone with Marinette. He walked into her room she had barely moved but Adrien though she looked slightly better and more alive.

He picked up her hand like he did that morning and held it. This time instead of staying silent he talked to her about the day, how worried everyone was and the world.

*a few days later*
A few days later Marinette was improving rapidly. Adriem had visited her everyday in the visiting hours and even sometimes late at when he couldn't sleep. He enjoyed going when he was alone he would tell her stories about what was happening outside her little room and make-believe stories. Tom and Sabine also visited daily in the moring for an hour or two and so did Alya and Nino. But Adrien by far the most out of everyone.