Saved

Rosa's POV

All I saw was darkness. I felt so cold. Really really cold and I didn't like it. Not one bit. I just wanted to go home. I wanted to go home. I wanted Eric and godric. I wanted to feel safe and warm with them. My family. Mommy and Stan. And big sister lizzie. That's all I wanted. All I wanted was to go home. Why was it so dark and scary here? I just want to be home. I want to go home. I want to go home!

"It is not your time, sweet child", a feminine voice said to me. Her voice sounded so sweet. So kind. Maybe she was an Angel from above. Maybe she can take me home. She can bring me back. "Please, take me home", I whimpered. I heard the voice sigh. "I can bring you life, but I cannot bring you home. For that journey is all up to you", she said. Does she mean I have to make my own way home? I didn't care. I just wanted to go home and if I have to swim or walk there. Then so be it. "Please, I just want to go home. I don't care how long I have to walk, swim or run. I just want to go home", I whimpered. "Your heart and soul are pure. I grant you life little one, use it wisely", she whispered.

And then there was the bright light.

I lurched upwards and coughed up as much water as I can. Whoa! I felt someone pat my back. "It's okay, your okay. Everything's going to be okay", a man said to me. I turned my head to look at him. He was an older man. He didn't look around Eric's or godrics age. Well, seeing as their vampires, but he looked almost like an old man. "W-Where, where am I?", I asked him. He gave me a small smile. "Your in Washington DC little one", he told me kindly. My eyes widened. Washington DC. I've only heard of the place. I've never actually been to it. "What happened?", I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea sweetie. I walked on out here, and saw you washed up from the sea. It's a good thing I was able to get you back. A little thing like you still has a long ways of life", he told me.

If only he knew how old I really was. I was forty two in a little girls body. Half his age really. "Thank you", I whispered to him. He patted my hair. "Where is your family?", he asked me. I sniffled and wiped my face lightly. I had to make up a lie. I knew I had to make it quick and believable. "I fell off our boat. Me and my family live in. London. We were on our way back home, when I fell off the dock and fell into the water. I just wanna go home", I told him. He sighed and shook his head. "You poor poor thing. Your folks must be worried about you. Well, how about this, we get a good nights sleep and then in the morning, I get the old boat out and I take you home. But let me warm ya, it takes awhile to get there", he told me. I just nodded my head. My head felt foggy and my throat felt raw. And a good nap would do be good.

I didn't freak out when he grabbed me into his arms and walked up to a cottage not to far from here. It was a beautiful cottage. My eyes were drooping, I was so tired and I wanted to sleep. So I rested my head on top of his shoulder. Letting sleep take me in.

Time Skip

The next time I woke up. It was morning. I got up, despite the aching in my bones and in my stomach. I felt bad that I didn't trust the old man. But knowing if I did go with him. He would only get hurt. So I had to get away and do this on my own. I climbed out of the bedroom that I was put into. And I made my way into the shadows. Knowing if someone saw me. They would get suspicious on why a little girl like me would be running off without an adult.

I knew it was going to take me awhile to get back to London. But it was going to be worth it. It was home. My family. My everything. No matter how long it'll take me. I was going to go home.