11

"But what if I told you
There's nothing I want more in this world
Than somebody who loves me naked
Someone who never asks for love-"

Hyunsuk continued singing as he listened to the radio show of Heeyoung. She played a good song to listen to in the morning which was Naked by Ella Mai. He glanced at the rearview mirror and saw that Haruto and Sei were silent the entire time because they just woke up and didn't want to attend school yet. Their father just smiled and decided to hold a small conversation with them.

"How are you holding up there, kids?" He chuckled and looked back at the road.

"Do we really have to go to school today?" Sei asked with her puppy eyes.

Hyunsuk's heart melted as he saw her expression. "Yes cupcake, you need to. Don't you like to make new friends?" 

"But I already have Haruto." She sadly said and folded her arms across her chest. The fluffy fur sweater she was wearing made her look even smaller when her arms were in front of it.

He smiled while looking at the road. "You know it's nice to have other friends too. Like me and your Uncle Dohyun, Uncle Insung, Uncle Byounggon, Uncle Jihoon, and Aunt Indigo. They can make you happier."

"Daddy, I have friends right! Apollo is my friend." Haruto told him.

"Oh yeah, Apollo! I haven't seen him in a while, are you still playing with him?" Hyunsuk recalled the brown-haired kid who was just two years older than his son.

"He went to another country, his sister said he's coming back soon! His sister is still here she said he needed to have a check-up." Haruto excitedly said.

"When he comes back you can invite him over at home again."

"Sei, you can make friends today! We can invite them to play with us at home!" Haruto encouraged his twin.

She pouted in response and felt quite nervous to do it. "Okay."

"Don't worry cupcake, you'll enjoy school today cause you can read a lot of books there." Her dad tried reassuring her that everything will be alright by using one of her favorite things to do.

Their conversation came to an end when the car arrived at The British Lodge Hannam where Hyunsuk enrolled them for kindergarten. Two of their teachers greeted them right at the entrance as always to be able to protect them in case of any harm. He got out of the car and opened the car doors at the back to unbuckle them from their seats.

The two older teachers smiled at him and gave him a polite bow cause they know that he is a powerful businessman. He greeted them back and let the two kids walk towards their teachers.

"Have fun and be careful." He waved to them.

They bowed to him as a goodbye and waved as they walked going inside the building. Hyunsuk went back to his car and immediately drove off, not wanting anyone else to see him around the school area.

He was alone in the car again which made him think about a lot of things. There was still a wedding to be planned and he hasn't checked the draft guest list that Heeyoung and Indigo made due to how busy he is. Of course, he knows that the list was lacking and it didn't include the staff members and business partners that he wanted to invite.

Aside from that, he also wanted to hold a contest for designers to participate in and make a collection set for the next season. It would lessen his work time cause he wouldn't need to start new designs from scratch, he can let them do it and just make some adjustments and approve it for release.

Hyunsuk realized that now that Heeyoung knows about the kids and is just a few months away from marrying him, he would need to balance his work and personal life. He barely spends time with the kids and has never really accompanied them in public places, the bond they shared would be completely worse if he doesn't take action on it and focuses on just work.

Shaking off the negative thoughts, he decided to call Heeyoung using the bluetooth feature of his car. After just a few buttons he pressed, he was now ringing her on his phone.

"Hello?" She immediately answered it.

"Hi baby, are you gonna drop by the building today?"

"Yeah, but I'll only stay for a few hours. I really need to sleep." He heard her sigh.

"Maybe you can just go straight home, do you want me to send a car for you? Can you manage to take the bus?" Hyunsuk immediately asked about her commuting because for sure she would decline the offer.

"I can manage, I'm not feeling that sleepy anyways."

"Give me a call if you need anything okay? I'm on my way to the building, I just dropped off the twins at school."

"Sure, stay safe."

"Stay safe, baby. Bye."

"Goodbye." She dropped the call right after.

Hyunsuk arrived at his office shortly after and decided to sort out the announcement of their new platform for making jewelry. He wanted to make the announcement stand out cause the purpose of their new platform was different from the others, it wasn't just about the cuts, colors, and shining factors of the jewelry but also about how they have collected the resources for it. Stress was already taking over his body because aside from the announcement, he still needed to take care of a collaboration with another luxury brand. It was pretty clear that he wouldn't expect what would happen next that would stress him even more.

His high school best friend who stood as his all-around secretary, Dohyun, entered his office in a rush and dropped formalities since the staff wasn't there. "Hyunsuk, you need to see this, A.S.A.P." He grabbed the remote control from the glass-stained coffee table and turned on the television that was barely used in his best friend's office.

"Rumors are continuing to speculate as the young and famous CEO of Royal Drop, Choi Hyunsuk, was seen with two kids and seems to have dropped them off at school. Tabloids are investigating if these are his children or not because the CEO has been quite secretive about his personal life. Only limited information like his long-time girlfriend, previous schools attended, and some childhood stories about him shared by his friends are known to the public." The entertainment news reporter said her script with an expression that was quite convincing.

He suddenly placed a hand on his temple and started massaging it. His jaw clenched and he tried his best not to get as mad as he usually does. "Entertainment outlets are really stupid, I'm a businessman not an actor. They should really stop caring about my life."

"Do we take it down? It's fresh news and still a rumor." Dohyun asked.

The slightly angered CEO thought about it for a moment. "No, don't. If that's the way that my kids are going to be introduced then so be it. I just want added security around them at all times."

"So Sei and Haruto are now going to be out to the public, you're sure about that?" He asked again.

Hyunsuk sighed. "Yeah, I don't want to deny it if ever that someone asks me if they're my children. Imagine your own parents denying you're their kid, that shit hurts."

An apologetic smile appeared on Dohyun's face. "The way the public found out about them is crappy but we'll handle it well. More security for the babies is on the priority list." He grabbed his phone and wrote on the virtual notepad with his stylus.

"Thanks, Dohyun." Hyunsuk gave him a genuine smile of appreciation even his best friend knew that he didn't really want this to happen in the first place.

yeeting myself out cause i always forget to update 🤺

i have a yoshi au on twitter, you can check it out @ holowrites :) the title is ghosts but it's not horror hahaha it's more on fluff

Twitter: holowrites
Instagram: graeru
Wattpad: graeru