09

Chi Family's Home

"Kids, I want to you be polite okay? Be nice to your Auntie's family." Hyunsuk said while driving, taking several glances at the twins through the rearview mirror.

"Yes dad." Sei softly said.

"Dad, why are we meeting Aunt Heeyoung's family?" Haruto asked.

"Because they're going to be part of our family and we'll be part of their's." He explained in a simple manner.

"Will we have more uncles and aunties?" Haruto asked again.

Hyunsuk chuckled at the excitement of his son. "Yes, you will."

He continued driving on the familiar road going to the house of Heeyoung's family. It made him remember some of his high school days when he followed her going home after hearing that her grandfather passed away. Hyunsuk was still too shy to tell her how he feels so he just watched her from afar and made sure she got home safely.

Another one of his favorite memories around here was when he gathered all his courage to go to Heeyoung's house while she was away and asked for her parents' blessing to court her. When she came home, she was surprised to see the guy she rejected 7 times sitting down in the dining area and laughing with her parents.

The car slowed down as it arrived at a medium sized home, fit for a family of 5. It still looked quite the same as before except for the freshly painted gray gate in front. Hyunsuk felt queasy and nervous as if he was about to ask the blessing of Heeyoung's parents again but this time it was because he was bringing his kids along with him.

"Are we here Daddy?" Sei asked.

"Yes we are. Stay put okay? I'll come and get you." He turned off the engine and got out of the car.

Heeyoung heard someone arrive in front of their house and went out to be greeted by Hyunsuk getting Sei out of her car seat. "Hey Hyun." She greeted.

"Hi baby." He smiled while setting down Sei on the gravel road.

Heeyoung opened the door on the other side of the car where Haruto was sitting. He had a bright smile on his face and was excited to go down. "Hi Auntie!" His legs excitedly kicked back and forth at the sight of her.

"Hello Haruto." She gave him a small smile and removed the seatbelt and locks on the car seat. Hyunsuk carried him going down while she shut the door.

"You guys are just in time, the food's almost cooked." Heeyoung said while opening the gate a bit wider for them.

Hyunsuk nervously chuckled. "Who's at home?" He asked and took small, slow steps cause of what he was feeling.

"Dad, Mom and my two siblings. My uncle and aunt are coming back home tomorrow with their kids."

"Oh." He nodded his head in understanding.

"Come inside, make yourself feel at home." She opened the door for them to enter.

Haruto and Sei walked in first and they took their small shoes off, just wearing their colored socks. "Baby, I'm nervous." Hyunsuk whispered to her.