45

"I'm really sorry for asking to meet with you on the spot, I really just needed to lash out my anger and tell someone about what happened." Heeyoung stressfully sighed before leaning back at the soft armchair.

"It's okay, I could tell that when you called me." Jaehyuk chuckled.

She smiled a little but it immediately escaped. "I just hate how I expected Hyunsuk to be a better person then it turns out he never changed," A brief pause filled the air while he set down his coffee cup to listen. "Ever since I met him in high school, the one thing he would focus on is himself. It's always about him, his happiness, his path, his wants. At first I thought that it was an interesting trait of confidence til' I saw what success has done to him."

"I saw how greedy he was in a good way, he wanted the best for everything in life... but in his own terms. Mainly why he's still in control of almost every single thing in the company." Heeyoung scoffed and looked down at her coffee that was going cold.

"I've always looked up to him for that trait but it changed when I heard about what the kids thought of him," Their biological father gained even more interest to hear what she has to say. "They say that they miss their dad a lot, they barely see him especially back when I didn't know about their existence."

Jaehyuk clenched his fist under the table, hating to hear that they've felt the lack of attention or love from the guy who stood as their father.

"That's when I realized, for 5 years that they were hidden from me, Hyunsuk was with me all the time. He would drive me to work, make time to see me at lunch, take me to dates almost everyday. There were other priorities that he needed to handle, others that needed more love and care."

"I'm glad that I was able to bring the twins and Hyun closer to each other, but what would've happened if I never found out about them? Would they grow up despising their only known parent at that time?" Heeyoung felt sad at the thought of it. "I love the Haruto and Sei so much, I didn't even think that I'd be so attached to them cause I hate kids. I don't want them to have a horrible childhood."

"They won't," Jaehyuk placed his hand on top of hers. "All the documents are being processed, no complications at all. I'm their biological father and I will do anything to protect them and let them have a better life."

She smiled at him. "You're a great person, Jae. You should know that." He smiled back shyly.

"I'm not that good with compliments but thank you." They both laughed.

"But uhm, I'm just genuinely curious. How are you gonna get the kids to move in with you without them getting all confused?" Heeyoung asked.

"I was hoping that you can help me out with that? You know, show them that I'm harmless? I don't really know how I'm gonna gain their trust easily..."

"Alright, okay. I'll do that." She tells him. "Anyways, I should get going. Text me okay?"

"Oh, do you want a–"

"I live two streets away from here." Heeyoung chuckles before pulling her hand away from his and standing up. "Bye Jae."

"Bye." He replies as she quickly walks away.