33

"Can I request for a week off?" Heeyoung asked her boss. Her boss's mouth parted as she froze.

"Did I hear you correctly? You're asking for a week off?" She repeated what she said as Heeyoung nodded. "This is quite surprising, what's the matter? Are you already getting married?" 

Her eyes widened. "Oh no, I'm not. I just need a good amount of rest and I wanna go visit my parents." She explained.

"Ah." Her boss nodded her head in understanding. "Alright, you never really ask for leaves anyways. Have a good rest." She dismissed her.

"Thank you!" Heeyoung said with a smile on her face.

She left the building of the radio station and walked to the bus station to pass by the Royal Drop building. Heeyoung decided to inform Hyunsuk about her short trip to her hometown just to give him a heads up in case he was thinking about meeting her. She entered the building and was greeted by the front desk manager as always before she enters the elevator. A sigh escaped her lips as she felt nervous to talk to him after what happened. It was rare that they would have this type of argument since they would always work things out right after. 

The elevator doors opened and she walks towards the office of Hyunsuk, placing a soft knock on the glass door before opening it. 

"I raised them and I have the right to-" Hyunsuk stops yelling midway once the door opens.

She was surprised to see the situation and her lips slowly parts. Her eyes shift from one person to another. "Jaehyuk? What are you doing here?" She stares at him in confusion.

"Heeyoung? Wait, what are you doing here?" He asks as well.

"You guys know each other?" Dohyun furrows his eyebrows.

"We met through the company trip." She answers. "What is he doing here and why was he yelling?" He points at Jaehyuk then at Hyunsuk.

"The company trip? How in the world would you meet there when he isn't even a DJ?" Hyunsuk asks her in a rude tone.

"He was our tour guide and my travel buddy." She says in an annoyed tone now that he was starting to act rude again.

He scoffs. "So first you wanna take my kids and now you wanna take my damn fiance? You have the fucking audacity to do that?" Hyunsuk glares at Jaehyuk.

"Woah, I didn't even know she was your fiance. For your information, I met her before I even got to meet you." Jaehyuk tells him.

Hyunsuk suddenly stands up from his office chair and rushes towards Jaehyuk to grab the collar of his shirt. "You fucking planned this. If you wanted to ruin my life you could've at least touched my damn business instead of my family! You could've left me with them at least!" He yelled at Jaehyuk. His face turned red out of anger but Jaehyuk didn't flinch at all.

"Hyunsuk, that's enough!" Heeyoung yelled at him for the first time. She walks towards the two and puts Hyunsuk's hands away from Jaehyuk. "Go home, cool yourself down, and try to fix that damn temper of yours. You don't know what the hell you're talking about! Jaehyuk isn't trying to ruin your life, for Pete's sake." 

His eyes start to tear up as he looks at her. "I can't lose the kids, Heeyoung. I can't." He starts crying and falls down on his knees. She glances at Jaehyuk who looks at him with pity.

"What does he mean that he can't lose the kids? Why are you here, Jaehyuk?" She asks him softly.

"They're my kids, Hee. The twins are me and Wakumi's children." He replies to her softly too.

She looks at Hyunsuk who's sobbing on the floor. "Hyunsuk," She kneels down next to him and calls out to him calmly. He continues sobbing so she calls him again. "Hyunsuk."

He finally looks up. "You need to get yourself together and think like a businessman. Propose a deal where both of you will be in a win-win situation." She tells him.

Hyunsuk stays silent and hesitates. "No! I can't let him get near the kids, I can't." Tears continue to fall down his cheeks.

"Hyun, you need some alone time. Think this through when you calm down." She stands up and faces Dohyun. "Where are the kids?" She asks.

"They're at school." He answers. 

"You should send them to Auntie's house first. Give Hyunsuk some time to settle things on his own." She instructs him. He nods his head and she turns to face Jaehyuk. "Let's go, Jaehyuk. We need to talk." 

The two of them walk out of Hyunsuk's office to talk. As the door shuts, Hyunsuk looks at Dohyun. "She left with him, she chose him over me." He cries.

"No Hyunsuk, she chose you. That's why she left, so you can start being yourself again." Dohyun tells him. He walks out of the office too, leaving Hyunsuk in a daze after what he just said.