42

The doorbell rang after half an hour of them waiting. A sense of panic radiated around Hyunsuk when he heard it, not knowing what to do or where to go. The maid opened the front gate for her while the twins eagerly waited at the front door. He just stood next to the couch with some distance to the kids cause she didn't come there for him anyways. Her figure came into sight and it felt like he was seeing her for the first time again. It was obvious that Heeyoung was tired cause it could be seen through her eyes. He felt a bit apologetic to take a few hours of rest from her when she has work late at night.

"Hello, I missed you two." She gave them a smile and opened her arms for a hug which they greatly accepted.

They giggled in her arms which made her do the same. When she let go of them, Haruto turned to Hyunsuk. "Dad, let's go!" He said excitedly.

His eyes widened and he pointed at himself. "Me? I thought it was just you guys."

"You should come with us too! Don't you like ice cream?" Sei asked him cutely.

He chuckled nervously. "U-Uhm, maybe you should ask your uh..." He struggled to figure out what to call Heeyoung in front of them now that they weren't together.

"It's fine, just come with us." She calmly said. 

Hyunsuk was flustered once again. "O-Oh okay." He rushed to them and they all walked out. "Do you want to take the car?" He asked.

"But we always ride the bus when we're going to the ice cream shop." Sei pouted.

"A-Alright, let's ride the bus." They walked to the bus stop which made Hyunsuk weirdly happy. He just appreciated that Heeyoung wasn't treating him badly after what happened. 

"Daddy, have you tried riding a bus before?" Haruto asked him.

"Yes, I always ride the bus with your uncles when we were in high school." 

"Is it fun?"

"Hmm, sometimes it is. We always had to take care of your Uncle Dohyun cause he's carsick." They laughed at the remark.

The bus came and they entered, taking the seats at the back. The former couple sat on both sides of the twins, keeping a distance from each other. Even when they went down to walk to the shop, the distance was still evident. They were finally seated inside the shop like an actual family, even the staff noticed that the three regular customers had someone else along with them.

"I'll order, what do you guys want?" Hyunsuk offered.

"I'll do it, I know the orders of the twins already. What's yours?" Heeyoung asked without even looking at him, she just went through her bag probably looking for her wallet.

He glanced at the menu. "What are you guys getting? I haven't eaten ice cream in a long time." 

"We decided to try out new flavors every time we visit here. I'm getting ice corn frost, Haruto's is My Mother is an Alien, and Sei's is almond bonbon." She finally looked at him but she had no interest or emotion showing on her face whatsoever.

"Uhm... then I'll just get mint chocolate chip." 

"Ah, your classic disgusting order. Alright, I'll go now." She said before leaving.

The three of them were left at the table. "Dad, is Mommy okay? She looks sick."

"What makes you say that?"

"Her skin is pale and she has dark circles around her eyes." 

"Don't you think she just looks tired and not sick?" He lowly chuckled.

"But she got thin too, we should feed her 10 ice creams." Haruto sadly said.

"Aww, that's nice of you but I don't think she'll like eating too many ice creams. It's not healthy." He stroked his light, fluffy hair.

Heeyoung came back with a black tray in her hand. She placed it on top of the table and Hyunsuk helped her transfer the cups to the table as she returned the tray.

"Which one is which?" Hyunsuk chuckled. 

And just then, she gave out the ice cream cups to them without having to look at him. They ate their ice cream in peace but Hyunsuk could feel how tense it was between him and Heeyoung. She finished her ice cream first and pushed the cup slightly away from her. He looked up to see that she had some ice cream on the side of her lip and by impulse, he got some tissue and wiped her mouth.

Heeyoung was flustered by his action and so was he when he realized it. "S-Sorry there was just something on your mouth..."

"Yeah thanks, I've got it." She continued wiping her mouth and making sure that there was none left.

The kids giggled when they saw the two acting "sweetly". "What are you guys looking at?" Hyunsuk smirked. "The two of you have ice cream not only on your mouth but also on your nose and forehead! Is your forehead eating too?" He wiped their faces too while they laughed.

Heeyoung couldn't help but giggle at the sight of the two youngsters. She wiped Sei's face too and cleaned up. They took the bus going home again and called it a day. The kids hurriedly ran going inside their home to play with their toys while Hyunsuk and Heeyoung took their time in walking. 

"Are you going home already?" They stopped in the empty living room.

"Uhm yeah, I don't really have anything else to do here." She replied.

"Right," Hyunsuk looked down at the floor. "Do you want some water before you go? Use the bathroom first?" He checked on her before she made her way home.

"Yeah sure, I'd like some water," She honestly told him. They walked to the kitchen and he poured her a glass of warm water. "So when's the meeting?"

He set the glass in front of her. "The day after tomorrow since he's trying to finish his work before taking a day off." 

"I hope your meeting goes well, you both need some explaining to do to each other." She takes a sip of water.

He lowly chuckles. "Wow, you seem to know way more that I think you do."

A sigh escaped her lips. "I do, and I have a lot of questions in store for you. It's just not the right time to ask since you need to focus on your meeting with Jaehyuk." 

"After me and Jaehyuk, can we have our own personal meeting too?" He asked softly. 

She hesitated. "I guess, I don't know. If I'm ready to ask you, then I'll come over." 

AAAAA i'm so sorry i haven't been able to update for like a reaaally long time. i've been busy with family events and school works that's why i didn't have much energy to write most of the time :( thank you for waiting for this chapter, see you in the next one!