Official

A/N: Apparently I accidently deleted this chapter, so I rewrote it so that the story is still there. Sorry to excite anyone and sorry to those who didn't understand what was going on when they read this. There are a couple of other chapters that were deleted so I will be rewriting and posting them as soon as I can.

Thank you for all your support!

I wasn't sure if I was more annoyed or scared after that conversation.

I rode back on the train in shame and defeat. Evolve my quirk? My quirk is useless?

What the hell am I supposed to do with that??

The words were engrained in my brain by the time the train pulled to a stop in Musutafu. How could I possibly improve my quirk? What Hawks said was right in that it's not the most useful in combat and other situations, but I can't think of a way I could evolve it.

And to top it off, I spent the entire week running. Not fighting, not learning, but running from incident to incident just to arrive and watch the police arrest a villain, only to have Hawks fly off in another direction to help someone else. It was frustrating. I'm sure everyone else learned something valuable related to their quirk or to the hero profession as a whole or something else, and here's both Tokoyami and I who ran probably dozens of miles during the week.

"What a stupid waste of time. . ." I muttered under my breath as I gathered my belongings and got off the train.

"Hey, (Y/N)."

I turned and saw Shoto a few yards away, holding his hand up in a wave. Just the sight of him melted the tension in my shoulders.

"Shoto, what are you doing here?" I asked in disbelief as I walked over to him.

"I came to see you, of course." He said with a small smile. "Here - let me take your bag. I have lunch reservations if you want. Or I can just walk you home too."

I nearly swooned as he scooped my bag out of my hands. "L-Lunch is fine, I'd love that."

"That's good to hear," He said, then extending his hand out to me. "Let's go stop by at your apartment so you can set your stuff down. Don't worry, it's on the way."

Such a gentleman. . .

I grinned as I slipped my hand effortlessly into his. "Whatever you say."
                            ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Lunch was at this small little shop along a busy street that I never would've found if I didn't know it existed. It was so cute and inviting, and Shoto even got us a table next to the window.

"How was your internship?" He asked me.

I sighed. "Awful. Hawks didn't request me because of my skills - he requested me because of my connection to Ghost. He's investigating that guy or something and wanted information from me."

"At least Ghost is being investigated. I'm sure that's comforting."

I shrugged. "It's been like seven years. If they were gonna catch this guy I would think they would've done so by now."

Shoto was silent for a moment. "Did you at least get to do hero work? With Tokoyami, right?"

"Oh yeah," I nodded. "Hawks is so fast, we both ended up chasing him the entire week as he flew from problem to problem. Didn't even have enough time to give us any tips or anything."

I looked out the window in frustration. Eventually I felt Shoto place his hand on mine. "On the bright side, (Y/N)," he said, "We can talk about us."