Robbery

It was my mom's voice.

"I remember!" I gasped, sitting up straight. I wiped the wispy hairs out of my face as I tried to commit the dream to memory.

"What's wrong?" Shoto asked, full of concern. His voice was deep, as if he has been sleeping. He leaned forward so he was next to me, taking both of my hands in his.

I sighed, standing from the couch. I walked to the kitchen, where I paced back and forth. Shoto followed me, standing in the doorway. I ran my hands through my tangled hair. "I-I . . . I think I remembered something." I said quietly.

"Well we all remember stuff, (Y/N)- "

"No, no. I mean, I heard my mom singing to me." I scrambled over my thoughts, trying to put it into words. "She was singing to me."

"That's, that's good." Shoto said with a yawn. "You think it's a memory that's coming back?"

I nodded, leaning over the counter. "She was so sad . . ." I murmured.

I glanced at Shoto. His eyes were closed, his arms crossed, his head leaning against the doorway. The clock on the microwave read 1:57 am. I sighed. I guess he needs his beauty sleep too.

I wrapped my arms around him. Half-asleep, he lazily encircled his arms around me. "You should get some sleep." I mumbled into his chest.

Without even opening his eyes, he nodded. "You're so cute when you're tired." I smiled. He merely nodded again.

I took his hand and led him back to the couch. He collapsed onto the soft cushions and blankets. I sat down next to him. Shoto then laid down so his head was in my lap. I pulled a blanket over to cover him. "Get some sleep, Cutie." I mumbled, delicately running my fingers through his hair.

"Okay, Princess. . ." He whispered, my heart skipping a beat.

The past few weeks have been crazy. From the internship to the exam - it's been one hell of a rollercoaster. It's been crazy ever since the first day of high school, ever since I met Shoto.

And Shoto was there throughout all the difficult times. Even when I doubted myself, or when I felt alone - he was always there. God, what would I do without this sweet, charming, handsome guy?

I softly ran my fingertips over his cheek. I'm sorry I've caused you so much pain. I promise, from now on, I'll keep you safe. I don't want you to suffer ever again. Especially because of me.
                  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
The next morning, Shoto and I walked to school together, hand-in-hand. We both had gotten some much-needed sleep.

Shoto led me into a coffee shop since we had a few minutes to spare. I tried to pay for my own drink but Shoto pushed my hand away as he gave a twenty to the barista. "Keep the change." He said, leaving the barista smiling silly.

As we reached the front of the school, sipping on our coffee, Mina, Uraraka, and Hagakure swarmed me.

"Todoroki, do you mind if we steal (Y/N) for the day?" Uraraka asked.

Shoto glanced at me. "You mind if I let this robbery happen?" He asked plainly.

I giggled. "I don't mind." I turned to the girls. "It's been a while."

They smiled and giggled, grabbing my arm and pulling me away. I looked back at Shoto with an apologetic look as I waved. He smiled and waved back, sipping his drink.

The three of them took me to the girls locker room. They were giggling. "What?" I asked with a hollow laugh, not comprehending what was so funny.

"Tell us about you and Todoroki!" Mina squealed. "I've been shipping you two since school started!"