Eleventh

Nobody in U.A. will see what's coming for them.

"And the representative for all first-years at U.A. is . . ." Midnight announced.

"Bakugo Katsuki!"

"What!?" Everyone in class 1-A exclaimed simultaneously. I groaned.

"How is he our representative?" I complained, pouting.

"Well, he did score the highest during the entrance exam." Denki pointed out.

"That's garbage."

Class 1-A watched in dread as Bakugo casually strolled up the stairs to the microphone, his hands shoved deep into his pockets. He seemed to glare at each and every audience member with his crimson red eyes.

"I pledge . . ." He started.

"To be number one."

"WHAT!?" Everyone exclaimed, followed by individual remarks, sneers, and insults. But Bakugo ignored all that. He turned and strolled back down the stairs, returning to the same spot next to Kirishima. As everyone crowded him for an explanation, he merely shouted at them to leave him alone. Like how he always does.

"Now for the first event . . ." Midnight continued on with the program.

"Oh boy . . ." I muttered, absentmindedly rubbing the scar around my wrist.
                      ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
"Five more." Dr. Burke instructed.

My left arm was shaking as I went down into a push-up. Because my wrist was still recovering, I held up most of my weight on my right arm. I was basically doing one-handed pushups.

I grit my teeth as I pushed myself back up. "Four more." She painfully reminded me. "Come on, you wanna be a hero, don't you?"

Exasperated, I dug my nails into the mat.  Dr. Burke was right, but everytime she asked that question, it bugged me. It wasn't her place to say that. Of course I wanted to be a hero. Otherwise, what am I doing?

"And . . . Done." She said cheerfully. I laid on the mat, taking a rest. I was covered in a thin layer of sweat, despite only doing thirty push-ups. What the hell.

I could hear Dr. Burke's pen run across her paper as she scribbled down notes. "Very good, (Y/N)." She pointlessly complimented me. "You're improving exponentially."

I sat up, rubbing my wrist. There was a scar that encircled my wrist, almost like a permanent bracelet. "Does this mean I'm allowed to participate in the sport festival?"

About a week ago, Aizawa-Sensei held me back after class.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"No. But you won't be allowed to participate in the sports festival." He announced plainly.

"What!?" I immediately became filled with panic and disappointment. "Why not!?"

"You're still injured. Safety comes first."

I groaned. "You think this kind of injury would stop a professional hero?"