Deja Vu

"Of course, (Y/N). Anything for you."

"For everyone that passed the first round, please watch this." Mera announced. He sounded excited to have finished the first round. It must've been a lot of hard work.

One of the TV screens in the anteroom displayed an image of the arena, specifically of the city terrain. Suddenly, giant explosions rocked the entire stadium as they went off everywhere, all at once. In the top of some of the skyscrapers, in the factories, in the rock formations.

"What the fuck?" I exclaimed. After all that hard work to make it?

The entire arena was cover in a cloud of smoke. A few fires emerged from the rubble here and there.

"The next test will be the last one." Mera said. No wonder he was so giddy. "We will have you all perform rescue exercises as bystanders in this disaster site. We will test how well you can carry out suitable rescue procedures."

The camera panned over various parts of the terrain. I gasped, my stomach plummeting in panic.

"There are people in there. . !"

"Those are elderly and children!" Denki exclaimed. "That's so dangerous! What are they doing!?"

Mera was calm when he spoke. "They are people who have undergone training to be professional people-in-need-of-rescue and are in high demand right now.

"The 'Help Us Company,' or 'H.U.C' for short!"

So many goddamn acronyms.

"The people from H.U.C. have dressed up as injured citizens and are on standby throughout the disaster site. We will now have you all carry out their rescue. In addition, we will score your rescue based on points. If you have more points than the benchmark at the end of the exercise, then you pass.

"We will start in ten minutes, so please use the restroom and take care of any other necessary business right now."

Looking at the wreckage, I dryly swallowed. I had a feeling of deja vu in the pit of my stomach.

When my friends rescued Bakugo and I from Kamino, I never saw any of the carnage in the moment. I was too sick and injured to pay attention to anything else except escape. And then I was unconscious for the rest of the time. But I did see the aftermath.

It looked like this.

I found myself rubbing the scar on my wrist absentmindedly. There was nothing I could do to stop dark memories from bubbling up.

"You nervous, (Y/N)?" Uraraka asked, making me jump. She giggled at my uneasiness.

"Y-Yeah. . ."

"Don't worry! Just focus on saving those who need to be saved. That's what we're here for, right?" She gave me a closed-eye smile.

I grinned slightly. "Right!"

A commotion behind us echoed throughout the room. Uraraka and I turned to see Mineta and Denki getting into Midoriya's face about the entire incident with the girl who attacked him.

Uraraka turned to see the girl. Her face fell. She was waving at Midoriya. That's weird.

"Hey, you know, I was there." I told her.

"Really? What happened?" She asked quickly.

"Nothing. She attacked him. It was freaky."

Her lips twitched as she tried to hide her relief. "I see."

"-I'm sorry, son of Endeavor. . ." Spat a voice.

"But I hate you guys."

That was Inasa. The super intense guy from earlier.