Sunlight Yellow

He then gave my hand a squeeze, reassuring me that he will always be there for me.

After school, I went home to change out of my U.A. uniform before meeting up with my friends at the mall. Even though I was there a few minutes earlier then the time everyone agreed on, Shoto was already waiting for me. "'Sup, Cutie." I gave him a big smile.

He couldn't help but return my smile with a grin. "Hey, Princess." Before I knew it, Shoto had his arms wrapped around me in a hug. At first, I didn't react because I wasn't expecting it. But I, of course, hugged him back.

When I pulled back out of the embrace, Shoto reached for something in his pocket. He brought his wallet out, and handed me three one-hundred dollar bills. "Take this."

"What? No, I can't." I pushed his hand away. "I don't borrow money."

"You're not borrowing it. Just take it. You don't owe me anything." His hand still held the money towards me.

"Shoto, I appreciate it, but I strongly refuse - "

"This is just like your quirk." Shoto observed. "You don't share your pain, you take and burden yourself with everyone else's. And with this, you won't let anyone help you, so you refuse my offer."

"That's not true." I argued back. "I'm independent. I've always been independent. I can handle myself."

"No," Shoto said in a calm voice. "You just can't remember being dependent on someone. And you're scared that you'll be weak if you are dependent.      (Y/N), let me take some of your problems away. I want you to be happy." He gestured the money towards me again.

"You got all that from me refusing money?"

Shoto clenched his jaw, sighing. Not frustrated, just calming himself. "If it makes you feel any better, I can share some of my burdens with you later so it's even. Does that sound fair?"

I thought about it for a moment. "Do I still have to accept the money?"

"Yes." Shoto shoved the money into my hand, which I reluctantly stuffed into my small purse, which hung off my shoulder like a satchel. "But if it makes you feel any better, it's actually my old man's money, not mine. So you'd be spending his stupid money on your beautiful self."

I laughed. "That does make me feel a little better."

Shoto and I talked with each other until everyone (except Bakugo) had arrived.

"Okay everyone! Let's split up and meet back here in three hours!" Iida announced, his arm chopping the air in front of him.

"(L/N), come with us!" Mina wrapped her arms around mine. Hagakure and Jirou were next to her.

"Okay fine! But give me a second!" I slid my arm out from Mina's, turning to Shoto. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"Just because you leave doesn't mean I have to come with." He explained, before smirking. "Besides, I'm sure you're very aware of your independence."

I furrowed my eyebrows before laughing as Mina dragged me, Hagakure, and Jirou deep into the stores, leaving my precious boyfriend behind.

"What are you looking for, (L/N)?" Jirou asked me as we walked.

"I don't know . . . But I do wanna look at good shoes for outdoor training. And maybe a nice jacket, a dress . . ."

"Did you say dresses, (L/N)!?" Hagakure exploded in excitement, not even waiting for a response as she and Mina dragged Jirou and I off to look at dresses.

Mina picked out a dozen dresses each for all four of us, then forced us to try them on and show them off. I've never really worn dresses, since they aren't always practical and were too girly for me. I could tell Jirou was very uncomfortable wearing the different dresses. She was tapping her earphone jacks together as Hagakure told her how pretty she looked. "T-Thank y-ou . . ." Jirou muttered every single time.