Chicks

I concentrated, a powerful surge of energy coursing through my body and dispersing with my hit, causing the bag to break off the hinges and fly across the room, sparking with (f/c) energy.

"DETROIT SMASH!"

A boulder that fell due to Bakugo's quirk exploded into a million pieces as Midoriya spiked it with his foot, protecting the newly-vulnerable All Might. He skidded to a stop on the concrete floor, green lightning sparking out around him. It was different than Denki's - it was as if he couldn't physically control his quirk due to the power it held. He did break all his bones whenever he used it. At least he's improved his control by over 1,000,000%.

Denki, somewhere close by, grabbed my arm and dragged both Kirishima and me to Midoriya in excitement. "Wow, Midoriya! That was so cool!"

He let his lightning fizzle out, a giant grin embracing his face. "Thanks!" He turned to All Might, who was making his way over. "Are you okay!?"

All Might stifled a chuckle. "Thanks to you, Young Midoriya. I'm glad to see you turn your quirk into something enitrely new and improved."

"He's not the only one!" Denki shrieked, pulling out the contraption strapped to his arm, making a finger gun. "Now I can extend my electricity onto a concentrated point!"

"What about (L/N)!?" Midoriya exclaimed. "She's got an entire new quirk and it's awesome!"

I became flustered, stumbling over words. "I-I'm still working o-on it."

"You've improved greatly, Young (L/N)." All Might patted my head. I smiled.

The number one hero of all time just praised me!

In my tiny moment of triumph, I subconsciously glanced to my left to see Shoto. He was using both of his sides at once, straining and concentrating, beads of sweat lining his face.

His eyes quickly darted to me, then back to his Ectoplasm clone. My smile faded.
                          ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Over the next two weeks, I found myself training rigorously. It was almost therapeutic - it took my mind off of other personal issues. Besides, I needed to catch up to everyone with my new quirk. Finally, after so much wishing - I have a more practical quirk for a hero.

Denki and I became close again, just like when we were kids. He made me forget about everything else, and he never failed to make me laugh. Not to mention, we were good sparring partners when we got the chance to train together.

Even with the endless training during the day, I was restless at night. Fatigue would try to pull me to sleep, but fear and anxiety would always resist. After the third or fourth nightmare in a row, I found myself laying in bed, staring at the most boring ceiling in the world.

Shoto didn't talk to me anymore. Not like I tried talking to him first, however. He always seemed cold and distant whenever I was nearby. It crushed my heart.

I'm so, so sorry.

At least it's hard to think about when I'm busy every single moment of every day.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
"I'm really nervous about tomorrow!" Mina whined, hugging a pillow tightly.

"I'm excited. I can't wait to see what I can do with my quirk." My eyes stayed to the floor as I smiled softly.

"I'm so jealous, (Y/N)!" Mina squealed. "I wish I could just happen to get another quirk."

"It's not like that, Mina. Besides, you guys have all improved so much!"

The six of us girls sat on a few couches on the first floor of Heights Alliance. The exam was tomorrow, and we wanted to ease some nerves the night before.