Thirty-One Days

Is this how I die. . .?

Over the next two days, I didn't leave Heights Alliance. I couldn't bring myself to go to school and see his empty seat.

Where could he have gone?

Every time I left my room to take a shower, or grab some food, or visit Shoto's still room, all of my classmates would give me sorrowful looks. I couldn't stand their pity, but I didn't care. I only cared about finding Shoto.

Denki was by my side every chance he got. Over the past few weeks we've grown close again, and I'm grateful. He told me what Aizawa said in class about Shoto, which wasn't much - just that Pro Heroes were extensively searching for him. They wouldn't stop until he was found.

One morning, Denki shook my shoulder violently, jolting me awake. "(Y/N), (Y/N), wake up - they found him."

I sat up straight. "What??"

"Yeah," He nodded rapidly. "They found him."

Hastily I jumped out of bed, grabbing both of Denki's shoulders. "Where is he?? Is he okay??"

"C-Calm down." Denki complained as I shook him. With an apologetic smile I let him go. "They found him dumped outside the hospital. He's fine, just a little dehydrated."

I nearly fell to my knees in relief. "Oh thank god. What happened?? Can I see him??"

He laughed uneasily. "I don't know, but Aizawa isn't letting any students off campus. We have to wait until he comes home, which shouldn't be long since he's perfectly healthy."

Restlessness filled my system. I'm so relieved that Shoto is okay, that he wasn't hurt. I wanted nothing more than to see and talk to him. I miss him so much.
                          ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Shoto came home a few days later, after the authorities interrogated him relentlessly on information he didn't have; after Aizawa-Sensei and U.A. discussed new security measures to ensure he was protected; after Endeavor received permission to let Shoto stay at his house for a few days, against Shoto's will. He told me he spent the entire time in his room, wanting nothing else but to talk to me, to kiss me, to just see me.

The day Shoto returned back to Heights Alliance, I found myself pacing the front steps, glancing at the walkway up to the building every five seconds, hoping to catch sight of his brilliant blue and grey eyes.

It had been an agonizing couple of days. The only relief I had was knowing that Shoto is back home, uninjured, and that I'd get to see him today.

Around the corner, I caught sight of the peppermint bob with a bag draped over a single shoulder. I grinned so wide, I swear it was from ear-to-ear. In my excitement, in my impatience, I ran to him, meeting him halfway, and tackled him in a hug. "SHOTO!"

He laughed as he caught himself, able to stay on his feet. His free hand ruffled the top of my head like a pet.

"Hey, Princess."

I felt my heart swell at his words. It's been years since I've heard him call me that nickname.

He smiled, holding me in his arms, just gazing into my eyes. I swear, he was trying to memorize every single, tiny, insignificant detail on my face.

". . . you are so beautiful, (Y/N)." Shoto murmured, tenderly lifting my chin up as his lips met mine.

God, I didn't realize how much I needed this.

I pulled back, unable to keep the grin and the blush off my face. "Let's go inside, yeah? Everybody's waiting for you."

He nodded, rubbing my arm.