Smile Pt. 2

I'm gonna find that bastard that did this to her and make him regret ever laying a goddamn finger on her.

Three days later I said goodbye to my apartment and moved into Heights Alliance, the new dorms for students at U.A. By then, I was all cried out. No more sobbing and weeping for me. Instead, everything felt numb.

When he wasn't packing his own things, Shoto was found by my side. He supported me without question, willing to lend a shoulder to lean on at any time. I never found myself missing him.

I'm eternally grateful for this handsome boy.

There was one moment that filled me to the brim with shame.

"Shoto, I appreciate you helping me. With everything." I wiped tears off my cheeks as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

I could hear the smile in his voice. "Of course, Princess. I'm so happy I'm the guy you bumped into on the first day of school."

". . .what?"

"Don't you remember? You bumped into me, then we found out we were in the same class, then I met Denki too. . . (Y/N)?"

My insides crawled, a hollow pit forming in my stomach.

"I-I-I can't r-remember. . ." I stammered, unable to resist the tears that spilled from my eyes.

I had no choice but to explain to Shoto why I couldn't remember. How Ghost stole a handful of precious moments that only Shoto remembers now.

I guess by this point I'm all cried out now.
                          ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
The walk from my apartment to U.A. was the first time I've left the apartment since I was discharged from the hospital. It was the last time I'd make that walk.

It was peaceful. The fresh air was cleansing, which I needed to clear some of my thoughts and feelings.

I was one of the last ones from Class 1-A to move into Heights Alliance. It was around dinner time when I climbed the front steps.

As soon as I opened the door, I was bombarded with a collection of voices shouting, "SURPRISE!"

My eyes widened as I took in the scene. The entire first floor was a combined kitchen, dining room and living room with an open concept. Scattered around the room was every single one of my classmates, cheering and smiling as they surprised me.

"What-What is this?" I stuttered.

Shoto held out his arm for me to take as he walked me to the large dinner table. Everyone crowded around us as we made our way to a cake. "We wanted to let you and Bakugo know that we're here for you, and we wanted you guys to have a little fun." Shoto smiled.

I took in everyone's faces, teeming with joy. "You guys really did this? For me?"

"And Bakugo!" Mina piped up.

I couldn't help myself as my lips curled upward in a smile. The feeling was so unfamiliar. Happiness and appreciation flooded my emotions.

"Who's idea was this?" I asked in disbelief.

"That would be Todoroki and Midoriya's, (L/N)." Iida explained, waving his arm around. "They wanted to welcome the two of you back in the form of a party."

I turned to Midoriya and Shoto. "Thank you guys. Really. This means so much." Then I turned to the entire class.

"You guys are amazing. I didn't think I could smile like this again. So thank you."