Lonely

Today is just full of ups and downs.

All day, it was fight after fight after fight. After the end of the first round, Midoriya and Todoroki had it out for each other.

Well, to be more specific, Todoroki changed.

During the fight, they spent a lot of time talking, but we were too far away to hear what they were saying. Midoriya was broken. His body can't handle his quirk. His fingers and arm were broken, yet he didn't give up. He didn't stop. It was inspiring and shocking to watch. He is so dedicated to being the number one hero. Am I that dedicated?

Tododoki shot ice at Midoriya. There was some sort of verbal argument, and then my eyes must've played tricks on me. He fucking exploded into a ball of fire.

"I actually have two quirks. It's called half hot, half cold. On my right side I can control ice, and on my left I can control fire."

He told me that the day I met him. I've just never seen Todoroki use his fire until now.

After their fight, he didn't look so angry anymore. More sad if anything.

I was up next. Against Tokoyami.
     ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
"Ready, begin!" Midnight declared.

I rushed Tokoyami, sliding under his dark shadow. He jumped up, his dark shadow protecting him as he rolled. Standing back up, I curled my fists. This will be a little bit more challenging than the last round.

This time, Tokoyami attacked first. Dark shadow came flying at me, roaring. I rolled to the side, but dark shadow was fast. Because he was a shadow. He grabbed my ankle and threw me into the concrete. I yelped, slowly climbing back to my feet. Everything ached. The image of Midoriya not giving up on his last fight flashed in my head. His dedication and motivation. Nothing could stop him.

So I put my shaky hands up, and waited for his next move.

Tokoyami rushed me again with dark shadow. I attempted to sidestep and kick Tokoyami himself, but instead Dark Shadow wrapped it's arms around my waist and flung me down to the ground. I gasped in shock, my back exploding.

My knuckles turned white as I clenched my fists. This was so frustrating. My quirk can't help me in this scenario. All I can do is avoid Dark Shadow and hope I land a hit on Tokoyami.

Wobbly, I stood, as Tokoyami charged once again. I sidestepped again, ducking under Dark Shadow and landing right at Tokoyami's feet. He gave me a surprised look as he tried to jump back. I lunged at him, my fist cocked.

My hair was yanked back by Dark Shadow. I cried out, my hands fumbling to the back of my head. Tokoyami saw a chance and hit me in the stomach, full force. I sucked in a breath, the wind knocked out of me. I couldn't breath. I couldn't breath.

Dark Shadow was still dragging me by my hair. Suddenly, he let me go as I wheezed. What?

"(L/N) (Y/N) is out of bounds! The winner is Fumikage Tokoyami!" Midnight announced.

The crowd roared. I felt useless. I didn't make any impact today. No one even knew my quirk - I didn't ever get a chance to use it.