The Beginning

A/n
(Y/N) - readers first name
(L/N)- readers last name
I hope you enjoy :) this is my first story so we'll see how it goes

Today was it. Finally, after all of my hard work, my high school career begins.

I stretched and yawn, glancing at my bedside clock. My heart fell to the floor when I saw the time. School started in a half hour! I jumped out of bed and hastily threw my school uniform on. I hated the fact that girls had to wear skirts, but that was an argument for a different day.

With no time to grab food, I grabbed my keys, locked the front door behind me, and booked it down the sidewalk. Thank God I didn't live far from my new high school. In fact, U.A. was the closest school to my apartment.

Once I reached the gates I slowed from a full on sprint to just a brisk walk. There was no need to bust through my classroom door panting and sweating from running. And I did not need to give myself a reason to stick out like a sore thumb.

I took a deep breath and tried to relax my nerves. I shouldn't have anything to worry about - I got in through recommendations, so I should have this in the bag. But still - my first day of school jitters bothered me every year.

I sighed. As I walked into the building and down the corridors, my thoughts began to wonder. I started to think about my parents. I'd like to think that they're proud of me, no matter where they are. I always picture my mom looking down from above. She's always singing in my mind, even though I can't picture what she looked like. Of course I've seen pictures of her; I've seen every picture of her that exists, which is a lot. There was one day I scoured almost every newspaper on a computer at the library looking for anything I could find related to my mom. But it kills me to not be able to see her in person. In the flesh and blood.

Then there's my father. While my mother was a hero, my father was an ordinary person. Or so people tell me. There aren't as many pictures of my dad, but I could still pick him out if I saw him in a crowd. However, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remember anything about my parents. Nothing. And I always felt so guilty about it. Parents are the most important people in our lives, they give us so much. And yet I can't even honor them because I don't remember them.

I finally snapped back to the real world when I collided with someone. I ran into their back and fell onto my butt. I groaned and rubbed my nose, which had rammed into the back of the person's head. I sighed, then glanced at the outstretched hand in front of me, offering to help me up. I took it, standing up and finally getting a good look at the boy I ran into.

I think he may be the most handsome boy I've ever seen in my life.

Word count: 541