she's so weird

eden

my headphones hung from my ears while my hair rested upon my shoulders, i drew while the class has yet to start

the muffled sound of rattling chains made me shift in my seat because i knew she was coming to sit next to me. billie slumped down in the seat next to me but i didn't bother to look up from what i was doing, that'd mean i'd have to engage in a conversation.

she tapped on my shoulder and i lifted my head with a little grunt, as much as i wanted nothing to do with her, she's adorable and i can't help but blush at her continued attempt in wanting to be friends.

she unplugged one of my headphones "hiya" billie flashed me a toothy smile and i chuckled, "what do you want from me?"

"mm just to talk, or hang out," she said playing with the rings on her fingers.

"i don't like talking y'know" i chuckled, "why?"

i realized this was an attempt at her trying to get a conversation out of me so i just shook my head with a small smile putting my headphones back in. "you have to talk to me" i heard her muffled voice through my headphones "we're gonna be in this class all year, and there's this project that teach has been talking about." she nudged my shoulder "it requires partners" she said in a sing-song voice. i laughed to myself continuing my drawing.

after a little while billie unplugged my headphones once again "whatcha drawing" she dragged out.

i handed her my notebook, i wasn't done but i only had to do the hair.

"is this me," she asked, i shrugged turning a little to the side "it's whatever you want it to be."

she laughed "your voice is so small."

"hence why i don't like talking," i said grabbed my notebook back from her hand, the teacher came in cutting off whatever she was about to say.

i kept one headphone out to hear him "as you guys know there is a project coming up" billie turned her head flashing me a smile. "students will get to know each other over the year, as you get to know each other you both will write life stories of each other, the person past, dreams, goals, etc. by the end of the year you will have completed the assignments and made a friend. this assignment may help you teach autobiography or reinforce a broad range of writing skills as well as communication skills and help develop learning abilities."

my face dropped, i'm definitely failing this.

"your partners are sitting next to you, i'll hand out this packet and you will complete it with your partner today, when you are finished turn the packet into the turn-in bin."

the teacher walked around the room handing one packet to two students. i pulled a pencil from my bag because i didn't wanna use my drawing one.

"what's the difference" billie asked, i looked at her shrugging.