can you see it in my eyes?

eden

i sat quietly on the grass as the white cat purred up against me

i sat quietly on the grass as the white cat purred up against me. there was a bench, but for some reason, i just wanted to be on the ground.

i had my headphones in, watching 'the edge of seventeen' on my phone, i'm surprised it was playing, the school wifi was shitty.

i don't know why i liked the movie, well i did, but it was so sad yet comforting.

my comfort movie, besides peter pan.

i've just never related to a character more than nadine, you know?

billie would be coming to look for me soon, seeing as it's the middle of lunch now.

i'd been worried about her a lot lately though.

she says she's happy, she says she's fine, but i don't think so. the bandaids that i see for a split second on her wrist after her hoodie rides up says so much different.

seeing as billie never lets people help her she insisted to leave it alone.

but it just hurts knowing that she's struggling as well and i'm leaving a struggling person behind.

i laid on my side, the trimmed grass tickling my sides.

putting hair behind my ear, i sighed and paid more attention to the movie.

the cat had come to my chest, sorta blocking the view of my phone but i don't mind.

"hi eilish," i didn't turn around cause i knew who was there.

"how'd you know" she chuckled, and i shrugged, you're not supposed to talk here.

it's stupid but i just feel like you shouldn't disturb the peace.

i saw her hand bring down my phone, pausing what i was watching.

"mmm" was all she said.

i furrowed my eyebrow, i don't know what was going on.

we were face to face and the cat had moved away now.

"you know e" she whispered, i could feel her breath hit my lips.

i only hummed in response.

" you're like a quiet spec, a small spec in this big world. and it's like no matter how quiet you still manage to show so much significance. "