tears of joy

sitting on my counter billie stood in between my legs, as we stared at each other.

we were knocked out of a trance as my door opened, i knew it was either my parents or jordan so i just waited to see who would come into the kitchen.

once jordan had made it to the kitchen i hid my face in my hands.

"happy birthday to you" he started, and billie joined in.
"happy birthday to you."

i groaned as they continued to sing, it wasn't annoying to hear it from them, just annoying that people take time out of their day to celebrate my birthday.

i wasn't that special if i was being honest. 

once they finished i lifted my head and locked eyes with jordan "i told you not to."

"well i don't really have to listen to you, now do i" he questioned as he sat a gift and the cake down on my table.

"what's up bobby" he dapped billie up and i laughed.

as he sat down he smiled "so, how does seventeen feel?"

billie laughed as i furrowed my eyebrows, "like any other depressing day," i shrugged honestly.

billie hit my arm playfully, and jordan laughed.

"what did you hit me for," i asked, and she smiled with a shake of her head.

"alright i gotta go, be good and i love you," jordan said before walking out my door.

"what do you wanna do," billie said and i looked down at her.

"to be honest, nothing" i shrugged, billie groaning as i did so. "it's your birthday you can't do nothing!"

i hopped down off the counter and made my way to my room, billie following behind.

sitting on my bed i pushed the hair that was in my face out the way and billie sat down at my desk.

"i have something for you, but i don't want you to open it when i'm here."

i furrowed my eyebrows "why?"

she sighed and laugh "i don't know."

i shrugged with an "okay" and laid back.

my parents aren't home, i should be used to it but it still gets to me sometimes. it's like what the hell did i do to make them be out all the time?

do they just not like me? yeah maybe but why?

"eden" billie knocked me out of thought and i jumped with a hum.

"never mind," billie said and sighed.

"eilish" i spoke, sitting up on my elbow. she hummed and i played in my hair "have you been— you know, sleeping?"

her face almost looked frantic and she wasn't hiding her tics well. i didn't even know she had them until recently so i'd supposed they're not supposed to be going off as much as they are now.

"yeah of course" billie smiled but that smile hid so much, that she could fool others but not me.

i've learned to pick up on billie odd behavior.

"you don't have to lie to me, love."

only sighing billie got up and sat down next to me. "i have been sleeping, i promise."

i looked down at her pinky that was out and then back up to her.

with a roll of my eyes, i got up to go downstairs.

i was just getting her water seeing as i know she hasn't even consumed food.

quickly making my way back to my room i handed the water to billie.

"drink" was all i said.

"what did you-" i cut her off "drink."

she gave me a look before drinking all the water.

"you're too sweet for my liking" billie chuckled as i laid her head on my pillow.

i only hummed, getting up to turn off my light. laying down next to billie i pulled her into my chest, letting my fingers roam in her hair and her arms wrap around my waist.

"get some sleep, baby," i said softly, even though i couldn't see her i knew she was blushing.
-
light rain tapping my window and thunder woke me up from my sleep.

i looked down at billie who's lips were parted and her hair has fallen in front of her perfect face.

from the side, i kept a close eye on her. my curious glance trailed along with the delicacy of her jawline, balanced out by her attractive features and hair, as my hand stroked her cheek.

"and you're staring at me, why," she muttered quietly, her eyes closed.

"oh?" i jokingly snapped back, "can i not admire you?" she chuckled, a lazy grin slowly emerging.

i continued, "would you like me to stop," and she shook her head, moving her hair out of her face.

"never, it makes me feel special," she admitted shamelessly, drawing me in even further.

"hm, then i don't plan on stopping," i mumbled.

billie's response was slightly muffled as she moved her head into the crook of my neck.

"what'd you say," i asked quietly and she chuckled, "i said that's fine with me beautiful."

"oh," i whispered, i smiled and couldn't help but blush.

i looked up at my ceiling, blinking back tears and for the first time in my entire life, they were tears of joy.

30 days

869 words

authors note: it's my birthday!