love you too?

(hi, i didn't feel like writing the plane ride and shit so here they are in new york in the hotel.)

eden

"eden" billie called out from the bathroom

we made it to new york super late last night, and it's probably around 9pm right now i really don't know. today we just chilled because we didn't have plans but tomorrow i think we do.

finneas and claudia have their own room, claudia begged finneas to not let me come but he said "if billie wants her to come i can't stop her" so now we just have to keep our distance.
and then her parents of course have their own room.

"coming" i got up from the bed and walked over to the bathroom. billie was in an oversized t-shirt and shorts and her hair was wet, seeing she had just showered. "what is it" i asked and she shrugged "i just wanted to see what you were doing."

i sucked my teeth "fuck you" i was about to walk out but she grabbed my arm "wait" i turned around standing in front of her. "you look pretty" she said i shook my head making my hair fall in front of my face.

"hehe you're blushing" she teased and i smiled "shut up."

"never."

she grabbed her brush and started brushing her hair, i looked at her through the mirror as she hummed some song. i'd never heard it before but it sounded good.

"what're you humming," i asked as i sat on the counter.

"nothing" she lied and i turned my head "liar."

"lemme hear you sing it," i said swinging my feet just a little, "fuck no" billie spoke. i grunted and hopped down off the counter, "i hate you."

"one day you can hear it" she chuckled and i sighed "yeah, one day."
-
billie pov
i adjusted my body in the bed, i was so uncomfortable.

the hotel room had two beds, eden in one, me in the other. it felt weird knowing she was in the room but i wasn't laying next to her. i looked at the clock, it's around 4am.

i groaned and pushed the hair out of my face, i'm so bored.

i'm not even tired and i didn't wanna wake eden up because she was sound asleep, she never moved in her sleep so i wouldn't know if she was sleeping well or not.

i'd already been on and off my phone and it's nothing to do, no ones awake.

laying on my back i stared up at the ceiling, maybe if i count sheep. "1, 2, 3, 4- fuck this."

i heard shuffling on edens side of the room, she was standing but she didn't look awake. she walked over to my bed, practically getting on top of me, and put her head in my neck.

"better" she mumbled and i chuckled "how'd you know?"

"you're thinking out loud."

i hummed and wrapped my arms around her, this is nice, i'm still bored though. "do you wanna go somewhere?"

i don't think eden was even awake because all she responded with was "that's nice" i sighed and placed my hand in her hair.

"go to sleep," eden murmured, "i love you."

i was taken back at her sentence, i'm not gonna take much to it because she's half asleep. though she wouldn't just say that if she didn't mean it, right?

i don't know, i enjoyed the split second of butterflies it gave me though.

"love you too?"

she probably doesn't even know what she's saying right now, but i still liked those words coming out of her mouth. i liked the way it made me feel.

it was stupid to "fall in love" with someone who might now even love you back but i couldn't help it.

i loved her.

41 days

646 words