i want her to be okay

eden

my leg bounced quickly, hitting the desk ever so often

my leg bounced quickly, hitting the desk ever so often. i let out a tiny breath rubbing a hand down my face, waiting for my name to be called. billie put her hand on my knee, giving me a look "stop."

i slowed it down breathing in and out, i don't know why i was nervous, well i did. i didn't wanna present to the class, i don't know why, the kids never pay attention anyway.

"eden h" the teacher called my name and i grabbed my poem heading to the front. this class was so dumb, it was an art class but like— writing-wise? i don't fucking know.

"could i please not present," i whispered closely to the teacher, she sighed "only this once."

i made my way back sitting down next to billie "you get out of everything" she laughed quietly. she was right, i never presented in any of my classes, but that also meant i had to do another set of work to get the grade, i don't care though.

i pulled my skirt down a little, picking at the fabric. "skirt" was all billie said, "skirt?" i laughed.

"i like it, it's cute" she moved a little turning her head towards me, "don't compliment me," i said in a sing-song voice, "i do what i want."

i shook my head with a small laugh, "what the fuck ever."
-
i sat in lunch pulling at the fabric of my skirt, this is why i didn't wear them because i'm always fidgeting when i do. i bobbed my head slightly to my music that was blasting in my ear. it was crazy how i could just sit here while x quite literally is one word away from bursting my eardrums, his music was hard though so i wasn't gonna stop listening.

i keep thinking about what i said to billie the other day, "i won't leave you"  and i know it's like just a simple sentence but it wasn't to me. i keep lying to her, and as our friendship grows rapidly, the more and more it's gonna hurt when i'm gone.

"don't leave me eden," she said "i won't" i lied and kept lying as if it wasn't a matter of time until my soul had left my body. i keep stressing about this as if i'm not the one who planned it, but when i did, billie was never supposed to be this close to me. hell, billie wasn't even supposed to be in the picture.

she cared way too much for my liking, i should be grateful that someone cares about me, but it's a weird feeling. i still was going to go through with my plan, i just hoped billie won't be as hurt as i think she's gonna be.
-
billie pov
i hated watching eden stress over things at lunch, i had a perfect view of her from where i sat and she always seemed to be upset about something.
i watched her pick at her skirt and bob her head to whatever she was listening to.

"if i see you stare at that girl one more time," zoe said making me flinch, "i'm not."

"oh my gosh you are," zoe's friends said, "why does she sit with us," i asked annoyed. when i said that the girl huffed and left our table, "thank god."