Chapter 24

There wasn't much talking on the drive back to the house. Harry held Marian's hand the entire way and Zayn and Kaia just held each other. Sharing a slow intimate kiss every once in a while.

The air had turned chilly and Zayn lit a fire in the fireplace. Marian sat down on one of the couches. It had already been such an emotional draining evening, and yet it still wasn't over. They made small talk about dinner.

Kaia hung out near the kitchen and watched as Harry found a bottle of champagne.

“Harry,” Kaia said quietly.

Harry smiled at her. “What's up Kai?”

“Can...can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Of course,” he said. “What's up?” Harry knew she was upset about saying good-bye

Kaia glanced at Zayn and then back at Harry. “Can...we step outside?”

“Sure,” he said and together they went out on the deck.

Marian watched as they went outside. She hated to admit it but seeing Kaia walk out with Harry hit the jealousy cord. But she knew better and she knew that Kaia only had eyes for Zayn. She saw Zayn watching as well.

“Come sit down.” she said patting the seat next to her.

“Thank you,” she said.

Zayn looked at her with a questioning look. “Why are you thanking me?”

“For bringing so much happiness to her life.”

Zayn couldn't help but smile. He glanced at the patio doors. “I love her Marian. She makes my heart sing.”

“Good.” Marian said standing up. “Now let's go see what Harry was monkeying around with in the kitchen.”

When Zayn stood up, Marian hugged him.

“Harry...” Kaia began.

Harry gently touched her arm. “Kaia, what is it?”

Kaia felt her eyes well up with tears, again. And she belittled herself inside. “Do you think I'm a coward for not going to London with him?”

Harry looked at her. “No Kaia, not at all. I know you're scared and I know it's a whole different thing than you're used to.”

“Harry I really want to, but...but I have so many damn insecurities I just can't.”

“Kaia, he understands. He loves you. Let me tell you something about Zayn. Yes, he's guarded and yes he can be quiet. But I've known him for quite a while now and I have to tell you. I have never seen him so happy. The last time I've seen him this happy was when we played Madison Square Garden.”