Chapter 23

Kaia awoke and saw that she was alone in the bed. She sat up quickly when she realized that she was alone. She scolded herself because she hadn't wanted to sleep. It was their last full day together and she wanted to spend every minute with Zayn.

She glanced around the room and saw Zayn sitting in a chair. He was staring at her, but not really staring at her. He almost seemed to be looking past her. He had a journal in his lap, but it didn't look like the one he had given her.

She wasn't quite sure what to make of it and in a way, it seemed unsettling to her.

“Zayn?” she said. “Are....are you alright?”

He didn't respond. Just continued to stare. She got out of bed and wrapped the sheet around her and walked up to him. “Zayn,” she said again.

Zayn snapped out of the thoughts that were milling around in his head. He smiled and took her hand and pulled her into his lap.

“Hi,” he said and kissed her.

“Are you alright?” she asked as she let her fingers run along his jawline.

“Yeah, I'm alright. Why do you ask?”

“You...it...it seemed like you didn't even see me. You were so lost in your thoughts,” she said looking at his beautiful eyes.

“I was. I am love,” he said and hugged her to him.

After their lovemaking, Kaia had fallen asleep and he took a shower and then grabbed his sketch journal and just watched her. And he drew her. Drew her body, drew her hands, drew her face.

Watched the movements she made while sleeping. How she breathed. How her hair fell onto her shoulders when she turned over.

Watched how she made his heart ache. The thought of saying good bye was making him feel sick to his stomach. He wasn't ready to leave her.

Kaia rested her head on his shoulder. She could feel his heart racing. She put her hand over it and sighed heavily, shutting her eyes to prevent the tears from falling.

She knew he had a job to do, and it hurt her to say to him that she wouldn't go to London with him. It wasn't that she wouldn't, she didn't think she was mentally prepared for that yet.

Falling in love and declaring your love to one of the biggest pop stars in the world was a mind blowing thing to do. Going into his world was like walking into the lion's den.

Being here with just him was what she loved the most. Just the two of them. Being themselves and being with each other.

“I wish we could stay here forever,” she said softly.

Zayn kissed her bare shoulder. “Me too.”

They just sat and held each other. Neither of them saying anything. Just enjoying the peace that was there. Just them alone.