Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Over the next few days, Kaia and Zayn talked everyday. Even if it was in the middle of the night. She loved hearing his voice and he would even sing to her a sometimes, which melted her heart even more.

Zayn told her that they would see each other in one week, and he couldn't wait. Kaia's nerves began to frazzle, again. Talking on the phone was one thing, but seeing him in person again. Alone, well, except for Marian and Harry, for a whole week. She doubted she would be able to think straight, let alone have a conversation with him without stumbling over her words.

Kaia still had no idea where they were going. She couldn't pry it out of Marian, even though she knew that their airline tickets had arrived. Her supposed best friend had locked them away in her strong box and kept the key to it on her person at all times.

She couldn't pry it out of Zayn or Harry. She personally didn't think it was fair that they all knew and she didn't. Kaia prayed there would be alcohol where they were going because she wasn't sure how she was going to get through it without liquid courage.

The only thing she had been told was that it was beautiful and they were all going to have a good time and not to worry about anything. Yeah right, she thought to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were leaving for their trip in a day and Kaia stood staring at her open suitcase. She and Marian had done some shopping for new clothes and she hoped it would be suitable for where they were going.

Kaia jumped a foot in the air when she heard Marian's voice.

“Let's go, we have more shopping to do!”

Kaia turned to her friend. “More shopping? For what?” She asked and followed Marian out into the kitchen.

Marian turned to her and smirked. “There is nothing sexy in your suitcase Kai.”

“What do I need sexy for?”

Marian rolled her eyes. “Come on Kai, you want to seduce that man don't you?”

“I guess.”

Marian threw her hands up in the air. “She guesses! Good lord girl, let's go. And besides, the sexy stuff is on the boys.” She said with an evil laugh and grabbed her purse and car keys.

Kaia quickly on her heels. “What do you mean on the boys? Marian!”

Marian didn't answer her until they were in the car. “Harry sent us a gift card. Well, actually, they both did.” she said and pulled a pink colored piece of plastic out of her back pocket.

“Oh hell no!” Kaia said in protest.

Marian turned to her friend. “Now you listen and you listen good. We are going to have a great time with our fantasies. And if they want to spoil us a bit, who cares.” She could see Kaia's nerves rise up. “Listen, we've talked about this. Zayn is not like 'him'. He would never treat you like that and you deserve to be treated like a princess. You've worked hard to get where you are in life. We both have. Okay?”